New Final Fantasy VII PC Port is happening

Super Mario RPG has some remake potential.

Now this, I would buy.

Its kinda funny. I'm playing FF7 right now (well, waiting on a Chocobo race to finish) on my PS3. I got kind of excited when I heard about it because I thought it would be kind of a HD remake, but after seeing the trailer, it looks like they aren't really trying to improve anything at all. They are just adding some unneeded features. Now, I has a sad.

I'll just stick with what I have.

Super Mario RPG has some remake potential.

That's one of my top 5 games. I'm not sure how I'd feel if it were remade. It could be cool, but I think the game is great as is.

What about Brave Fencer Musashi? Some nicer graphics and polish on that and mmmmm.

Square should do sequels of all of their really interesting games during that adventurous period of their history during the late-90s-early-00s. Like Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander, Vagrant Story, etc.

You know, when they still made games.

They should do something with the Seiken Densetsu series. We deserve a Secret of Mana remake that wasn't translated by Ted Woolsey. There are whole towns of mute people in that game because they gave the guy a month to translate it at FF6 together. Imagine how Secret of Mana would look if it was more in the vein of how FF12 was done.

I'd also like a Radical Dreamers remake that isn't Chrono Cross, because the plug-in-a-accent to make a character stand out is not whatCHA want.

Also also: finish Xenogears. None of that plot chairs crap.

They should do something with the Seiken Densetsu series.

They did. It was called "World of Mana", and it was a catastrophic mess. Heroes of Mana was okay, Children of Mana was incredibly repetitive, and apparently Dawn of Mana (Which was Seiken Densetsu 4) was the absolute worst sales-wise, enough to cause them to shuttle the whole thing.

Which, as someone who enjoys the Mana series very much, pisses me the hell off. The game was an action platformer with the havok engine, and it just had so many problems. Soundtrack was incredible, though, but the game itself just

Ugh, Square-Enix, you dumb motherfuckers.

WoM was them attempting to tie all the games into one cohesive storyline. Heroes of Mana took place directly before SD3 (The in-game bios flat out state which characters in your party are Hawkeye's Parents), Children of Mana has you visit an area from SD3, Dawn of Mana was going to be the start of the whole series just....ugh. Was so excited, then they screwed it up every step of the way.

But no seriously, Square-Enix. Listen. Take Secret of Mana. Keep the Woosley translation if you want. A new translation would be nice but it's not a deal breaker to me. Track down whoever did that fan translation of SD3, cut them a check. Bundle them, add netplay to both, release on Steam for $20. Talk to the ZSNES guys if the idea of PC netplay scares and frightens you.

What about Brave Fencer Musashi? Some nicer graphics and polish on that and mmmmm.

This this this. And don't give me any of that Samurai Legend Nomura crap.

I'd love if they'd bring up the SaGa 2/Final Fantasy Legend II remake they did on the DS, too, but that's just a crazy dream that'll never happen.

european SNES?

Yes. ONe's NTSC, one's PAL, one's NTSC-J. PAL & NTSC-J were a gift from a friend, along with the guidebook off in the corner over there. Also not shown is the Square Millenium Collection Legend of Mana, which came with Elazul and Peral figures and a music box.

Also yes, Neill Corlett. Square, find him, ask him how much he wants for his translation, give him this, there, the time-consuming part is done.

Also on the subject of soundtracks, the entirety of Disc 4 of the Dawn of Mana soundtrack is nothing but arrangements of SD1-3 tracks. It is wonderful.

They did. It was called "World of Mana", and it was a catastrophic mess. Heroes of Mana was okay, Children of Mana was incredibly repetitive, and apparently Dawn of Mana (Which was Seiken Densetsu 4) was the absolute worst sales-wise, enough to cause them to shuttle the whole thing.

Which, as someone who enjoys the Mana series very much, pisses me the hell off. The game was an action platformer with the havok engine, and it just had so many problems. Soundtrack was incredible, though, but the game itself just

Ugh, Square-Enix, you dumb motherfuckers.

Now I feel foolish because I own that thing and totally forgot about it. I played it for about two hours and never touched it again. Usually I give games more of a chance than that, but it was like some terrible Mana attempt at a roguelike without the actual creativity and knowledge you need to dungeon-crawl in those games. What I saw of the magic system looked like poor design and had literally no fun factor to it.

But yeah I was meaning they should do something with SD2 and SD3. Secret of Mana online multiplayer would be wonderful, even if that's the only change they made to it.

Let me see here,

Total amount of Sonic 2 copies I own: 8 (Genesis, Saturn,PC-Genesis Collection, PC-Sonic Collection, PSP, PC-Steam, Xbox, Xbox360)

Total amount of FFVII copies I own: 2 (PSX, PSP)

Yes, this is totally friggin' necessary. My top 2 favorite games of all time and i only have two versions of FFVII?! Not nearly enough.

Don't ask me how many times I beat FFVII, this site is supposed to be music-geek and game-geek friendly but I think I crossed the line with this game. And to be honest, I lost count after 16. :) SE would be wise to have me direct the FFVII remake. I can recite almost all of the dialogue by heart.

Why no, i don't think i'm trying to fill any voids. Why do you ask?