OCR00472 - M.C. Kids "po! kidz"

Ginnsu

M.C. Kids 'po! kidz'

This is defiantly an interesting piece of work. I’d imagine that Mustin could take any genre of music and make somebody who totally doesn't expect it, and make them like it. And no, I don’t mean by shoving it down their throat or holding a gun to their head, I mean really like it. This one sounds like a jazz piece with one really awesome instrument here which I can’t think of the name glockenspiel maybe? The type of instrument isn't relevant anyways, the fact of the matter is it kicks ass. I love this one Mustin, just excellent, keep it up.

• 6 months later...

Ah, a truly cool remix. Ya know, I played this puppy in my apartment when I was down in NYC, and my room mate who's a R-n-B Hip-hop singer perked up and popped in the room with a "whoa - dude - what is that?! That's nice!"

I agree... that bass just grabs ya from the get go - and everything else in there just flows nicely. The vibe lines are fun, the electric piano thing is simple and adds a nice balance to the mix, and the intermittent strings give it a nice overall tone. And that shaker thing in the mix - is that a real maraca? Sounds like it. Very cool.

I like this one a lot. Smooth, yet edgy... hip hop, jazz, whatever, it's nice. And I haven't even played the original.

-Mazedude

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty good.

But no his type.

So don't suggest it.

If it's not your type, then shouldn't you suggest it to people who do like this type of music?

Fool...

Thanks for those comments, everyone. Seems my favourite mixes are the ones with the least comments.

That's what you get for doing something a little different, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Very impressive and thoroughly developed arrangement. The tribute to Posu's style comes off very faithfully; nice bassline, light beats, and a chill atmosphere most of the way. Treble's up there, but otherwise very solid.

I never heard the M.C. Kids soundtrack prior to comparing it to this, but the soundtrack itself was quite the sleeper. Always a fan of the warbly, Commodore-sounding stuff, so I'm glad I checked it out. Despite the game being obscure, I'm surprised this doesn't have more reviews.

• 1 year later...

I didn't really expect a McDonalds tie-in game to have music this good, but this is a top-shelf sippin remix. There's always something new and intensely catchy starting up as other elements fade out.

I thought the snare was a little too sharp early on in the mix, but once things got going it blended pretty well. There elements immediatly caught my attention when they came in, which is rare for an ambient chill mix.

The first was the double time with the shaker about 1/3 through, the second was the subtle strings just before the halfway point, and the final was the slightly busier beat at the 2/3 mark.

Throughout the whole thing is a sick vibes solo; and the groove is killer. Awesome work.

• 2 years later...

I still remember this emulation of po's style. This is more like house/lounge/jazz rather than hip-hop though. The vibes seem to clip a little bit, but other than that the arrangement and contrast between the rhode/string accompaniment and melodic elements definately play off each other well. The sine bass and 808/606-ish drums keep things in a great flow.

Yup, 8 years later, I'm lovin' it!

• 1 month later...

The bass is making me think there's someone outside blasting some hip hop as they drive by, so the effect is certainly there and used well. Aside from that I'm not really feeling the real 'hip hop' in this, but the song is still a pretty chill mix that's overall a relaxing listen. Vibes take main stage for most of the mix, and they sound pretty good. Love the soloing going on.

I'd have liked the balance of the volumes to be a little better, it feels like the vibes get overshadowed at times, but aside from that, not bad for a McDonald's remix. :P

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00472 - M.C. Kids "po! kidz"