Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Marble Garden Remix

Arceace

This is a project that I started working on while I was bored one day. I had no real goal in mind, so I just decided to experiment with various sounds. It was then that I remembered that I have wanted to do a Marble Garden remix for some time now, and everything picked up from there.

I can honestly say that I've never tried a style like this before, so I am curious to see what you guys think of it. All feedback is appreciated!

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qw10LYqye4

Remix:

http://soundcloud.com/arceace/mystical-groove-marble-garden

This is pretty groovy! Yeah I definitely haven't heard Marble Garden done quite this way before. I like all the different textures you have (in the background particularly) like the arpy synth thing and the bells are a nice touch. The somewhat disjointed, jazzy take on the lead melodies are really fun too. I'd say overall it's a pretty nice job on the arrangement too, it's similar enough to still recognizably be Marble Garden, but I think you did a good job making it distinct. The ending is a little weak in my opinion though, from like 2:50 on it just feels like it's meandering a bit.

Nice job tho, I definitely enjoy it!

The ending is a little weak in my opinion though, from like 2:50 on it just feels like it's meandering a bit.

Nice job tho, I definitely enjoy it!

Heh, looks like you caught me. ;-) I was getting a little lazy with the arrangement and I think I'll try to fix that up a little later on. I'm glad you like it!

hahaha wicked buddy! this owns mine i just posted! totally sweet.

Thanks dude!:-D I just listened to yours and I have to say you have some wonderful ideas going there. Marble Garden definitely needs more love! I'll try to leave some feedback for yours in a little while!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Really bouncy and swingy! I love the sounds you've got, and the melodies that take over around :57 (or a little before), and taking the melody of the original track and making it a rhythm moreso is one of my favorite things to see in remixes. Really no complaints, besides there might be too little source around the middle, and it wouldn't fit OCR standards. I'd love to see this get on the site!