Link's Awakening - Tail Cave Remix

I can't say I don't like it. But I feel like there are two completely different pieces going on here — the melody from the game and the metal accompaniment.

At the beginning of the piece, the two start out in different keys... the segue from "a cappella" Zelda theme into metal feels very awkward primarily because of the key change, and it seems kind of wrong while they are both going on at the same time later in the piece. Although the simultaneous cross-key business lends it a cool dystopian mindfunk kind of vibe, which may be what you were going for.

The instrumentation throws me off, too. I just don't really feel like the synth sound of the Zelda melody works well with the metal guitar portion. Could just be a matter of personal taste, but I don't feel they mesh. When the metal guitar came in, I felt like I was listening to a completely different arrangement. I'd advise switching the voicing on the Zelda bit to something a little more metal-friendly... that's about as specific as I can be, not being a big metal aficionado.

My two cents. I dig the sounds you're working with.