Journey To Silius - Title Screen (NES)

Armhan

I'm really only going to mention production issues for now. The drums are really distant and have a ton of reverb (and the recording is kind of low quality), and the guitars sound good but lacking in high frequencies. Also, that supersaw sound at the beginning has the unfortunate problem of having a very noticeable attack because of the supersaw-ness, and they are kind of muddy sounding.

You're not using Superwave P8, are you?

I'm really only going to mention production issues for now. The drums are really distant and have a ton of reverb (and the recording is kind of low quality), and the guitars sound good but lacking in high frequencies. Also, that supersaw sound at the beginning has the unfortunate problem of having a very noticeable attack because of the supersaw-ness, and they are kind of muddy sounding.

You're not using Superwave P8, are you?

For drums I used EZdrummer, No reverb added, I tried to make it sound the most dry possible, I added little reverb to the master track though.

About guitars: there are 4 guitars going in the mix, I had to cut frequencies here and there, but I guess the keyboard in the back covers too much frequencies... could be this the problem?

I used Korg M1 for the ssaw.

Sorry I'm not giving any critique on this, yet, but I would like to say that this is pretty fucking awesome. There's a lot of sweet licks in this, some nice guitar work in this, and the source is fucking great.

I'm waiting to see Willrock in this thread - this is like one of his favorite sources ever.

Thanks a lot :-)

More critiques I get, the better the result (I need advices especially about the mix!)

Thanks for all the advices!

I fixed many things (delay issues, bass, some keyboard etc) and uploaded the video (I have a deadline, unfortunately I can't spend too much time on a single piece).

Here the video:

I don't know if it is some youtube bug or a temporary problem with my pc or something, but I hear a lot of clipping and noise on the youtube video and in all my youtube video list and other videos... what could be the problem??

Anyway,here the mp3 too: wtrns.fr/rA-SErNr7DfD4R