La-Mulana Album? Any interest?

First and foremost I realize that La-Mulana is probably not a known game by many of you so I'll just add a bit of information about it:

La-Mulana is an indie 2D Action-Adventure Platformer made by a few chappies in japan that are collectively known as Nigoro and was created to emulate the graphics and interface of other games from the MSX. La-Mulana was then quite retro looking when it was originally released in 2005 for windows, it also featured a cadre of puzzles and a large set of imaginative levels and an interesting story which coupled with its rather unforgiving difficulty made for a long and memorable gameplay experience...although perhaps a bit too unforgiving at times as the puzzles were sometimes quite brainy and the environment quite lethal, I myself never actually managed to finish it.

In any case fast-forward to 2011 Nigoro ports La-Mulana to the Wii, improving its graphics, controls and finetuning the gameplay itself. They were hoping to release it overseas but unfortunately this fell through and was only really released in Japan...However earlier this year they dropped their Wii publisher and began porting the Wii version to the PC which is going to be released this friday.

Here's some links should you wish to investigate further:

Fan Wiki

Official Site

There we're a bit catched up then, onto the reason for my creating this thread: The Soundtrack*.

*Due to its impending release I'll only be referring to the Wiiware/Pc port version of the soundtrack and not the original 2005 version

This soundtrack is incredible in my opinion, mixing in a good number of styles and instruments...I'll admit I'm not all that good at conveying the quality of music into words so I'd rather if you're so inclined to give it a listen for yourself lest I make it sound too drab (Disks 1 and 2 are primarily I'm speaking of, disk 3 are bonuses most of which are not found in-game).

Of note is that if there is sufficient interest to create an album out of this I personally will not be among the musicians as that is simply not one of my set of abilities at this time for one reason or another, I am however quite good at managing communities and deadlines I suppose.

Should there not be enough interest, ah well it was worth a try eh? :)

• 2 weeks later...
First and foremost I realize that La-Mulana is probably not a known game by many of you so I'll just add a bit of information about it:

La-Mulana is an indie 2D Action-Adventure Platformer made by a few chappies in japan that are collectively known as Nigoro and was created to emulate the graphics and interface of other games from the MSX. La-Mulana was then quite retro looking when it was originally released in 2005 for windows, it also featured a cadre of puzzles and a large set of imaginative levels and an interesting story which coupled with its rather unforgiving difficulty made for a long and memorable gameplay experience...although perhaps a bit too unforgiving at times as the puzzles were sometimes quite brainy and the environment quite lethal, I myself never actually managed to finish it.

In any case fast-forward to 2011 Nigoro ports La-Mulana to the Wii, improving its graphics, controls and finetuning the gameplay itself. They were hoping to release it overseas but unfortunately this fell through and was only really released in Japan...However earlier this year they dropped their Wii publisher and began porting the Wii version to the PC which is going to be released this friday.

Here's some links should you wish to investigate further:

Fan Wiki

Official Site

There we're a bit catched up then, onto the reason for my creating this thread: The Soundtrack*.

*Due to its impending release I'll only be referring to the Wiiware/Pc port version of the soundtrack and not the original 2005 version

This soundtrack is incredible in my opinion, mixing in a good number of styles and instruments...I'll admit I'm not all that good at conveying the quality of music into words so I'd rather if you're so inclined to give it a listen for yourself lest I make it sound too drab (Disks 1 and 2 are primarily I'm speaking of, disk 3 are bonuses most of which are not found in-game).

Of note is that if there is sufficient interest to create an album out of this I personally will not be among the musicians as that is simply not one of my set of abilities at this time for one reason or another, I am however quite good at managing communities and deadlines I suppose.

Should there not be enough interest, ah well it was worth a try eh? :)

Can't say I've heard of it, but if it does get off the ground and anyone needs a vocalist, I'm available.

• 1 month later...