RWS - ReMixing With the Stars: Pilot Episode

MindWanderer

Update: I have a whole bunch of signups for Novices already. If you didn't indicate interest in [thread=40410]the original thread[/thread], there's no more room. If you did get your name on there, you might still be able to bump someone.

If this pattern is any indication of how things will go in the future, I definitely want to loosen the criteria for being a Star next time. I'll toss ideas around at the end.

Just wanted to get this message out to my possible future star - I just got a job (yay : D) from Wednesday - Saturday (technically start tomorrow though since I'm driving out then) and will be out of town. I'm not entirely sure of what times I'll be able to spend on the internet (gonna be at a hotel), but I'm probably going to be spending more time with my hopefully future bosses rather than in front of a computer screen.. just to make a good impression and stuff. So yeah, just as a little heads up. This doesn't mean I won't have internet at all though, so feel free to message me via PM here and we'll back and forth through that. We can at least hopefully have an idea of what to do so we can start composing Sunday.

Pairings and theme are up in the first post! For the lazy:

Participants

• Rozovian with AlmightyArceus
  • DusK with Cash and Change
  • Flexstyle with urdailywater
  • Sir_NutS with Kuolema
  • Prophecy with Tuberz McGee
  • TheGuitahHeroe with wildfire

Theme

This pilot episode's theme is "Beginnings"! Your remix should either:

• Be based on a source that's used for a title screen, into/opening sequence, or starting stage/area, or
  • Evoke the feeling of being used for such a thing (regardless of the source). This is a judgment call, but in my opinion Who's That Child is a good example--I could easily see it being used for the epic opening of a Castlevania HD remake.

If you and your partner don't use the same DAW, do your best--exchange MIDIs, WAVs, whatever. Remember this is a pilot test and not to be taken too seriously. We'll standardize this process for next time. If any other challenges come up, please discuss them here so we can streamline the process for the future.

Mixes are due in 2 weeks from today, at noon PDT. Novices should send me a PM with a link and post in this thread to confirm they sent it.

If we didn't get paired then are we at the top of the list for pairings for the next one I hope?
This is only a pilot test, so no promises the format will even be similar. I'll probably loosen up the "Star" criteria--even though the "interest" thread had roughly the same number of Stars and Novices, this time it was about a 1:2 ratio. More info later.
opening cutscenes before the title screen count, right?

and can we use multiple themes?

Sure, as long as the result is a coherent piece of music.