Previous FF6 Kickstarter *cancelled* BUT new one in the works!!

djpretzel

4) Buy the rights to Chrono Trigger! Create new kickstarter to fund a sequel millions have been pining for!

1) Send prostitutes with hidden cameras to Square-Enix corporate board. Record compromising video. Blackmail board into dissolving Square-Enix into two separate companies, and make games that are actually about story and character and less about appealing to the fashion sensibilities of Japanese "tweens".

I fully endorse both of these ideas. :<

1) Send prostitutes with hidden cameras to Square-Enix corporate board. Record compromising video. Blackmail board into dissolving Square-Enix into two separate companies, and make games that are actually about story and character and less about appealing to the fashion sensibilities of Japanese "tweens".

Play the Dragon Quest games.

Hire Nobuo Uematsu to do a FF6 Remix for the album.
Or just invite him to join. David Wise did a remix for DKC, so surely there's hope for FF as well.
make games that are actually about story and character and less about appealing to the fashion sensibilities of Japanese "tweens".
Play the Dragon Quest games.

Alternative answer: play Monolith Soft games. Many former Squaresoft employees work there. :wink:

4) Buy the rights to Chrono Trigger! Create new kickstarter to fund a sequel millions have been pining for! .

Do you mean a sequel to Chrono Cross? Hell yeah! Maybe we should resurrect that "Chrono Break" rumour...

If anything, I'd think it'd be Kickstarter itself.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding or something.

I hope it's nothing serious. I don't know what a project that's been suspended looks like but if that's what happened then according to Kickstarter themselves they don't reverse them.

While I'm thinking about it, and forgive me if I'm getting ahead of myself, but is there any way you guys can send out a mass email once this issue gets (hopefully) resolved letting people know that it's back in motion, where they can donate, if they need to resubmit pledges, etc.?

Just a thought, hope it gets resolved soon.

Seconded. I hope it's not sabotage or something childish like that. Kind of wanted to put some money down for it.

Well the good thing about this is if it does get taken down, all the backers just keep their money as kickstarter doesnt officially take any money until the end of the 30 day period. Essentially all the 'money' that had been raised thus far were just good faith investments, so to speak.

Clearly everyone who puts their money forth will probably allow kickstarter to take the funds from them after the 30 days (I am skeptical about the 2 $5K donors though).

The bad side is that if it were taken down for whatever reason, that just sets OCR back that much further on physical production of the FF6 album.

I guess the official OCR fundraiser just got rehired :P

While I'm thinking about it, and forgive me if I'm getting ahead of myself, but is there any way you guys can send out a mass email once this issue gets (hopefully) resolved letting people know that it's back in motion, where they can donate, if they need to resubmit pledges, etc.?

Just a thought, hope it gets resolved soon.

I would think/hope that anyone who pledged is both willing and accessible in case a new pledge drive through a new channel with altered language is required.

I would think/hope that anyone who pledged is both willing and accessible in case a new pledge drive through a new channel with altered language is required.

Speaking as someone who did, I absolutely am, I only mentioned a mailing as a possible means of communication since I don't check the forums that often these days. But heck, maybe this'll give me reason to. :)

Ooooh, shit, it's gone. Goddammit, it better not have gotten sniped by the Squeenix Lawyer Ninjas. I was seriously looking forward to getting that album. If Mega-Ran can sell his album why can't OCremix do a Kickstarter for one that, regardless of what happens, will be released anyways?

Ooooh, shit, it's gone. Goddammit, it better not have gotten sniped by the Squeenix Lawyer Ninjas. I was seriously looking forward to getting that album. If Mega-Ran can sell his album why can't OCremix do a Kickstarter for one that, regardless of what happens, will be released anyways?

Because MegaRan is officially approved by Capcom