Previous FF6 Kickstarter *cancelled* BUT new one in the works!!

djpretzel

I think because there's been speculation that people have taken as fact, and staff wants to avoid that.

Then again, now I'm speculating about why they don't want people speculating. Someone should speculate about why I'm doing this just for the lulz.

im speculating why there should be lulz

At this point the only thing I am sure of is that I am really unhappy with how Kickstarter is handling this situation. I am still hoping that the project becomes activated again. I guess until any type of definitive answer comes from them, there's going to be a lot of speculation. But, I realize that speculating (and sensationalizing) is not going to be helpful. :cry: Just wish it would get cleared up already.

At this point the only thing I am sure of is that I am really unhappy with how Kickstarter is handling this situation. I am still hoping that the project becomes activated again. I guess until any type of definitive answer comes from them, there's going to be a lot of speculation. But, I realize that speculating (and sensationalizing) is not going to be helpful. :cry: Just wish it would get cleared up already.

Brandon, you have a severe lack of patience. These things don't work out in such a short period of time. Depending on what's going on behind the scenes, there may be negotiations of some sort going on. If the guys say they're working on it, then that's what is still going on. They'll tell us when they know something. Getting pissy with Kickstarter or anyone else won't make the situation better. Now, go make some music or something. :)

I say this in the nicest way possible because I'm a huge long-time fan of OCR, but it's really silly to tell people to stop speculating when you've given zero details after several days. (Five? Six?)

People are trying to support the site and the community with their money, and Kickstarter yanks the page without a word. There's not even an FAQ page on their site for the "no longer available" message that's displayed, so it's not at all clear what they've actually done or why. From the past few pages it's also obviously not clear to backers whether their contributions are active or not.

Even if you guys don't 100% know the why of all this, you've been in touch and asked what's up and presumably gotten some kind of response by now, right? Why else would you say you expected to have an update yesterday?

Why not share it? Does informing the community somehow hurt the chances of getting the project back online? I think transparency is the only way to reduce speculation. "We're working on it, sit tight" works for a day or two, but not a week.

<3 you guys, and looking forward to hearing the music no matter what.

I say this in the nicest way possible because I'm a huge long-time fan of OCR, but it's really silly to tell people to stop speculating when you've given zero details after several days. (Five? Six?)

People are trying to support the site and the community with their money, and Kickstarter yanks the page without a word. There's not even an FAQ page on their site for the "no longer available" message that's displayed, so it's not at all clear what they've actually done or why. From the past few pages it's also obviously not clear to backers whether their contributions are active or not.

Even if you guys don't 100% know the why of all this, you've been in touch and asked what's up and presumably gotten some kind of response by now, right? Why else would you say you expected to have an update yesterday?

Why not share it? Does informing the community somehow hurt the chances of getting the project back online? I think transparency is the only way to reduce speculation. "We're working on it, sit tight" works for a day or two, but not a week.

<3 you guys, and looking forward to hearing the music no matter what.

I agree and i think we should at least get to know what the issue is and whats being done to deal with it. like you said its been almost a week and no details and even if it is at a standstill i think that we your supporters that gave over $70k deserve some kind of sliver of info. not that we will be able to do anything about it but at least we would have an idea and the speculation would probably end

Keep in mind that nobody's money has actually been taken; neither Kickstarter nor we are holding any donations.

OCR has always been very transparent in most everything we do, from judging decisions to new site policies, often including the community directly. So, please understand that if we could say anything more now, we would. Otherwise, the only thing that we can say at this moment is that we really are looking into it. What I can add is that we are not doing nothing.

Keep in mind that nobody's money has actually been taken; neither Kickstarter nor we are holding any donations.

Sorry, I meant to make it clear in my post that no money has been taken. I meant the ambiguity was over whether it would be based on how people are still seeing their donations as "active."

I feel like this must involve lawyers or you guys would say something more than you have. So I'll stop bugging and (openly) speculating. Good luck.

All I do is flood the gates when I speculate and specu-hate, I just wanna calm down and meditate cuz at this rate it seems like fate, don't you think mate?

so I'll stop with the speculation up here in oc nation and hope for elation through our pledged donations, hope that KS mans their stations and stops taking a vacation and takes the fans into consideration, and soon we can say congratulations, something something inflation.

I must thank Mirby for inspiration.

All I do is flood the gates when I speculate and specu-hate, I just wanna calm down and meditate cuz at this rate it seems like fate, don't you think mate?

so I'll stop with the speculation up here in oc nation and hope for elation through our pledged donations, hope that KS mans their stations and stops taking a vacation and takes the fans into consideration, and soon we can say congratulations, something something inflation.

and reduce the hype inflation?

Am I the only one who hopes this gets made into a rap track? :D Pretty catchy, I'd listen to that