Previous FF6 Kickstarter *cancelled* BUT new one in the works!!

djpretzel

This is the second time I have seen this company officially shut down a fan project. As much as I love some of the games they create I am going to have to refuse to buy any more from them.

I refuse to support people who stifle creativity when every last one of them got their own start the same exact way.

We all know that fan creations pose little or threat to a company as big as theirs. I don't really want to go off on a rant either so I won't.

So all I will say is if you want change you gotta stop supporting things the way they are.

This is the second time I have seen this company officially shut down a fan project. As much as I love some of the games they create I am going to have to refuse to buy any more from them.

I refuse to support people who stifle creativity when every last one of them got their own start the same exact way.

We all know that fan creations pose little or threat to a company as big as theirs. I don't really want to go off on a rant either so I won't.

So all I will say is if you want change you gotta stop supporting things the way they are.

Hold on with the speculation here. It's not like we want to keep you all in the dark. We will make an announcement when the time is right to & we have news to relay. Until then, just hold tight!

Hold on with the speculation here. It's not like we want to keep you all in the dark. We will make an announcement when the time is right to & we have news to relay. Until then, just hold tight!

Thank you i'd have said something myself but i dont know anything about this other than what you guys relay.

Something is defintely going on and the longer it goes and the projected updates keep getting pushed back it worries people. The last update was on 7/27 and everyone's concerned. =/

Something is defintely going on and the longer it goes and the projected updates keep getting pushed back it worries people. The last update was on 7/27 and everyone's concerned. =/

No, the last two updates have been in here for the last few days by DjP when he said he was optimistic that he would be able to tell us more in a few days. Pay attention and hang tight - he will let everyone know what's going down as soon as he can.

Hold on with the speculation here.

That's not any fun. I think Squaresoft is actually going to hire the entire Balance and Ruin team for a billion dollar contract. Nobuo Uematsu is getting old, so they need us to fill in the gap. That's really what this is all about.

Or...OR...Square is suing us because some of their employees that inadvertently stumbled on some of the works-in-progress had their faces melted off. Then the guy who delivers the inter office mail came around the corner and slipped in a pile of liquid face and twisted his ankle, so we're getting sued for negligence.

Oh, I don't know. Would being sued for having remixes so amazing they literally melt faces off be considered silly or awesome? I vote for awesome.

But to be serious for a second I tracked this thread so I can keep up with the news as well. At least this way I won't be wondering and worrying about it and can keep up with whatever silly (or otherwise) discussion this stirs up.

I've got another "non-update update" - trust me, I'm more frustrated than anyone else. Basically, the ball is now in Kickstarter's court. We're trying to communicate with them but we have to go through their support desk, which thus far hasn't been as speedy as we'd prefer.

Believe me, you're not the first person to tell about how crappy the response time is for Kickstarter customer support. It's the even-flow around there man. I'll hope they'll get back to you some time this century.

I've got another "non-update update" - trust me, I'm more frustrated than anyone else. Basically, the ball is now in Kickstarter's court. We're trying to communicate with them but we have to go through their support desk, which thus far hasn't been as speedy as we'd prefer.

Very interesting that the issue is now with Kickstarter and not Square-Enix. If they're really being that hardheaded, there are always other options ... indiegogo, for instance, as well as others. Though I'm sure you all know that :-)

Looking forward to the eventual resolution! In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to mod the new PC release of FF7 with VotL music.

Remember when I said that speculation is silly?

Graham_Chapman_Silly-Colonel.jpg

Still silly.

You are a fantastic person.

Thank you so much for everything DJP, I'm glad to hear how it's turned out so far. Here's hoping Kickstarter jumps on board with this, I've got a fist full of money and it's burning a hole in my wallet.

I'd be happy to hold onto that for you.

Well I suppose the speculation would only be that this project would be closed. I did see them shut down another project in the past which does not give me any reassurance this one would be any different.

I hope they prove me wrong I really do but we all know the industry and what being a big name in it means.