Previous FF6 Kickstarter *cancelled* BUT new one in the works!!

djpretzel

Not impressed with kickstarter not being able to resurrect the old one.

To be fair to Kickstarter, the original deadline has already passed, so resurrecting the pledge drive now will surely confuse a lot of people who are expecting that their credit cards, etc. aren't going to be charged. All donors would have to be contacted individually to obtain their consent. The easiest and best way to do this would be to start a new Kickstarter drive, giving everyone an opportunity to "opt-in" again using the normal mechanism. However, it would be nice to send out a mass mailing or such to all previous donors to let them know that we're back in business. Kickstarter may not have this facility.

However, it would be nice to send out a mass mailing or such to all previous donors to let them know that we're back in business. Kickstarter may not have this facility.

At the very least, they should've sent a message to every donor that there was an issue with the campaign, and that it was on indefinite hold pending resolution, OR that the campaign would be cancelled, and no charges would be incurred, etc, etc.

Instead, nothing. It's really pathetic, especially considering Kickstarter is taking 5% of the fees of every project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creators#WhatFeesDoesKickChar

I'd almost like to see OCRemix use someone else, just so Kickstarter doesn't get 5% of what's raised, after all this.

At the very least, they should've sent a message to every donor that there was an issue with the campaign, and that it was on indefinite hold pending resolution, OR that the campaign would be cancelled, and no charges would be incurred, etc, etc.

Instead, nothing. It's really pathetic, especially considering Kickstarter is taking 5% of the fees of every project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/creators#WhatFeesDoesKickChar

I'd almost like to see OCRemix use someone else, just so Kickstarter doesn't get 5% of what's raised, after all this.

Yep, This is among many reasons why i'm not for Kickstarter after this debacle.

I am so excited that this has finally been sorted out. I've been waiting to be able to throw down the cash for this! Thanks for all the hard work and for keeping us posted. No matter what I'm looking forward to seeing the fundraiser kicked back into high gear again!

To be fair to Kickstarter, the original deadline has already passed, so resurrecting the pledge drive now will surely confuse a lot of people who are expecting that their credit cards, etc. aren't going to be charged. All donors would have to be contacted individually to obtain their consent. The easiest and best way to do this would be to start a new Kickstarter drive, giving everyone an opportunity to "opt-in" again using the normal mechanism.
This is pretty much why I don't really see the point in vilifying Kickstarter over this.

This is pretty much why I don't really see the point in vilifying Kickstarter over this.

I'm not vilifying Kickstarter, I just don't understand how they don't have enough control over their own system to not be able to reinstate cancelled projects with a new deadline. Especially if said project has been service-ticketed within the lifetime of the original deadline.

They take a pretty percentage for not doing a lot as it stands.

I'm not vilifying Kickstarter, I just don't understand how they don't have enough control over their own system to not be able to reinstate cancelled projects with a new deadline. Especially if said project has been service-ticketed within the lifetime of the original deadline.

They take a pretty percentage for not doing a lot as it stands.

Exactly. It shouldn't be difficult to change "status=" from "inactive" to "active," and "deadline=" to whatever the new deadline will be. But apparently their code is a pile of spaghetti. Oh well, onward and upward.

Welp. I had posted a $50 donation for this project and plan to do so again (and possibly more!) whenever the issue gets resolved and a working solution is found somewhere else. Props to EVERYONE, from djp to zircon to Square-Enix for working so hard to come to a solution.

Whatever the case, I look forward to donating again and HOPEFULLY getting a physical copy of what I'm positive will be a stunning product.

Eh I knew it was dead waaay back when I contacted their support and they told me my pledge was cancelled and that "we don't comment on cancelled projects". :-o As soon as the new one pops up I'm looking forward to pledging again. Git-r-done!

hello hipster strader

"i knew it was cancelled before it was made official" :<

If you want to deactivate the payment, go log in at:

> https://payments.amazon.com/

> Select "Edit My Account Settings"

> Select "Manage my payment authorizations"

> Click "Details" and then "Cancel Authorization"

So it's official then. Too bad about the old KS. I scrolled back so I could perform this action just in case. Until the new KS then! Looking forward to pledging. The curious cat in me would love to have these sort of discussions between Square-Enix and OCR public, but I understand if you guys don't want to get into what sort of "reasonable agreement" you both got to.

Nice to see things resolved. ...and congratulations OCR. I anticipate your original concerns will prove to be fruitful now that you are able to work directly with the copyright holders. This may be the beginning of a new venture for OCR in licensing and selling our hard-working musicians music!

Provided that you have SE permission on similar works in the future, this is greatly beneficial for EVERYONE^_^

I'm very happy to see things moving this direction. Please let me know if I can ever help.

I'll be sure to send out a message to all my old PMM subscribers. This is definately worth the shout-out.

Cheers! ^__^

I understand if you guys don't want to get into what sort of "reasonable agreement" you both got to.

I highly doubt it's a case of "want" tbh. The staff has always been very good about sharing what they can, when they can.

At any rate. Looking forward to the new KS - I'll pimp it out to all my acquaintances just as hard as the old one! ;-)