Slender-Trapped in a Bathroom

Just a quick experimental piece I did after playing Slender. Not a serious piece of music by any means but i'm interested in what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaLulrvxs4

Best listened to at night :)

Not 100% on which forums this should be posted on. I did use a bass drum and crickets so i guess that's 90% of the source tune right? :)

No samples were taken directly from the game.

I used EWQLSO

Dimension Pro

Absynth

Random Sound clips I've collected.

Thank you!!

This was getting no love. I was wondering if i wasted my time. :???:

I forgot to mention that some of those sound clips were reactions to people playing slender. Mostly screams but one guy was singing.

I wanted to try doing something ambient but I think next time i do a horror piece it should be, you know, legitimate music. :<

Think i should run this at the judges? anyone?

Thank you!!

This was getting no love. I was wondering if i wasted my time. :???:

I forgot to mention that some of those sound clips were reactions to people playing slender. Mostly screams but one guy was singing.

Haha, really? That's hilarious and awesome! I was wondering what they were actually...

I wanted to try doing something ambient but I think next time i do a horror piece it should be, you know, legitimate music. :<

Think i should run this at the judges? anyone?

Lol, isn't it more of an "Inspired by" piece than a remix?

Ambient pieces like this have a hard time getting past the judges from what I understand :(

I'd definitely encourage you to do something with another source though. Amnesia and Silent Hill have great soundtracks!

yep, i'm sleeping with the lights on tonight. :shock:

for real though, this is slick. i don't know if you're familiar with the slenderman stuff, but i like how some of the sound effects you have seem to nod towards the sfx you often hear in the fan films (ex., the scratchy/glitchy white noise things whenever he corrupts someone's camera, the incoherent, eerie mumbling, etc.).

lmao, i love listening to songs like this because even if you're watching a light-hearted, silly, completely-unrelated-to-horror kind of thing, it will still freak you out. superb job.

cool, so we can expect an Amnesia arrangement sometime, yes?:wink:

yep, i'm sleeping with the lights on tonight. :shock:

for real though, this is slick. i don't know if you're familiar with the slenderman stuff, but i like how some of the sound effects you have seem to nod towards the sfx you often hear in the fan films (ex., the scratchy/glitchy white noise things whenever he corrupts someone's camera, the incoherent, eerie mumbling, etc.).

lmao, i love listening to songs like this because even if you're watching a light-hearted, silly, completely-unrelated-to-horror kind of thing, it will still freak you out. superb job.

cool, so we can expect an Amnesia arrangement sometime, yes?:wink:

IGN's article on Slender was the first I had heard about it. I watched some of the preview video one morning and I thought I'd give it a shot. After picking up the first page I thought the drums were a cue that i was about to get popped so i ran until I hit the bathroom. Realizing how much worse off I was I ran back to the entrance, stood for a second, and then slammed that escape key. It didn't leave me the whole day.

I wanted to see if i could do something that would be unnerving and not use noise at +40db to scare the poor sap who read my comments to wear headphones. How many thousands of videos are like that on youtube? :<

As for Amnesia, a bud of mine gifted me the game during the steam sale because I wouldn't shutup about the demo. I'd like to give it a shot but I need to finish some of the other things i'm working on.

thanks for the comments though guys.