Studio Project Sora Shut Down

ad.mixx

Thought this was relevant enough to share.

http://kotaku.com/5924999/smash-bros-creators-studio-closes-down

This is news, I guess. Sakura's studio has closed down.

At least we're still getting the new Smash Bros, and hopefully more.

edit: oh shit, I read that wrong completely. Hal Labratory made Smash Bros. I knew something was weird about what I said.

Don't pay attention to Kotaku's shock journalism.

'Project Sora' was a studio founded just for Kid Icarus: Uprising.

'Sora, Ltd' is Sakurai's actual studio, and it's still open.

Two different studios. Kotaku just didn't get their facts straight before posting the article, as usual.

You can actuallly blame me for that.

I misread it - for about 20 minutes or so I had been thinking that Sakurai smash bros company had renamed itself to Project Sora in 2009 or whatever. But that's just another studio that Sakurai headed up besides Hal Laboratory? Or most likely it's the only studio he's ever headed up and Hal is just something on its own completely.

Still. My mistake. I'm just now starting to learn the effects of massive amounts of caffeine on my brain this late at night - not so good.

edit: OK, now I finally get it. Sora and Project Sora are completely different studios. Thanks gtahater for clearing that up.

It's honestly a confusing issue even beyond Kotaku's famously shitty journalism - we can't expect everyone to immediately understand how (or why) someone decided to name two different companies that they were involved with the same goddamn thing.