PRC223 - RESULTS - A Rabbit in Hell (Jazz Jackrabbit 2)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 223

PRCv9-15

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After an amazing turnout in the last round, Sir Nuts beated Hoboka by small difference. Yami claimed third place. With 8 songs, it was one of the better PRC's.

This round's source is selected by Sir Nuts:

Hello there.

For the next PRC I pick a forgotten Jewel: Jazz Jackrabbit 2. It's the "Hell frozen Over theme". It's one hell of a soundtrack, and one hell of a classic game that everyone should play at least once.

Midi

Hope to see a good turnout this round.

PRC223.jpg

Source: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (PC) - Hell frozen Over theme

MID

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

The 'login to submit an entry' button should be fixed now.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by TUESDAY JULY 24th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

I can only think of one other Jazz Jackrabbit PrC, and I was the only entrant in that one. Hopefully this garners more attention.

Edit: I guess there were two, and I only entered one.

PRC28 had Jazz Jackrabbit as source as well, but that was the first edition of Jazz Jackrabbit:

http://doulifee.com/prc/PrcSong/prc.php?prcid=28

For the PRC188 link:

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/PRC188

I won't be around here for the coming 10 days, so if any problems with submission might occur, post a link in this thread. I'll be back on Monday the 23rd of July to start the voting stage.

Definitely digging this source! Hope to see a good turn out on this one!

I think this round I'll submit my entry as a bonus mix. I've picked the sources for the last few contests, and I'd like to give some of the new faces a better chance to share the glory - not to mention chroxic's collection of wooden spoons lol plus I'm completely out of ideas for new sources

Edit: geeezus, this MIDI is a nightmare!

I'll try my hand at this one; reminds me a bit of Castlevania and Earthworm Jim somehow lol.

...Count Earthworm Jimula?? Anyhoo I can vouch for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 being f'kin awesome, albeit I haven't played it in more than 10 years I think. There should RLY be a port for this game for PSN and Xbox live (Jazz Jackrabbit 1 as well)...btw the 2 rabbit-doods on the cover look stoned out of their minds lmao

I saw this last week and decided to try something .. I worked on a melody and thought "why does this sound like it fits so good" and I realized it sounds very much like a song by BoA haa ha .. and I'm not creative enough to change it so, BoA it is. glhf :mrgreen:

I know this is quite literally at the last moment, but perchance could I have a 12hr extension? :-D

Due some internet connection problems I was not able to come online on time, read the posts, listen to the songs and start the voting stage.

I give the extention, not 12 but 24 hours. Tomorrow voting starts for sure.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 5 songs are submitted.

To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

Sir Nuts has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Thursday, July 26th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have. It's longer as usual

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC224.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page: