Steam Summer Sale 2012

I woke up to find Deux Ex HR and Splinter Cell Conviction on sale and discounted to about 12 bucks for the two of them.

My weekend is shot and it hasn't even started yet. :(

but i'm gonna try to get some music done.

EDIT: This Uplay garbage is a nightmare. Twice now i've lost an hour of play due to corrupted game saves on Conviction.

Star Wars was already in a flash and bundle sale, there's a chance, THERE HAS TO BE! :cry:

Yeah, was going to say it already was $5 at one point. We can always hope Ys makes it. At least you know nobody's going to vote for a Dungeon Siege game.

Edit: I just was going to check the steam account calculator to see how much I would've normally spent, but the site is down due to a flood of traffic. I'm guessing it won't be up until after Monday.

Ys got 3rd place...

On the plus side, now I won't have to buy it.

I hate to say it but... well, I won't. A potential Star Wars sale always brings in a metric fuckton of attention, no matter how many times that given game's gone on sale. Too bad we can't wave our hand in front of them all and say, "This is not the game you're looking for."

Even I voted for Us Origin and was upset this morning to see crappy 10 year old buggy motor on there instead...

Unfortunately, Ys appeals to niche audience and is probably not going to be most Steam users' first choice. It's a bit frustrating... At least it was a Flash sale earlier on.

Speaking of Flash sales, Trine 2 just made a third appearance after being a Daily Deal and Community Choice. I'd definitely give a glowing recommendation for this title. It's fun, lighthearted, has some great visuals and a great soundtrack. Plus, it has multiplayer which its predecessor lacked.

If anyone's interested in Legend of Grimrock, get it soon. For how many times it came up in this sale, I doubt it'll see another sale for a good while. It's worth the $6, and is a good example of bringing oldschool dungeon crawling into the more visually advanced world of modern gaming. Long enough to get your money's worth, but not drawn out or tedious.

Plus, if it runs on my old P4 3.00Ghz, 7800 GS PC, you've got a good shot at running it if your specs aren't quite up to what's listed in the requirements section.

Ah, thought the sale was ending later on tomorrow, not at 10 AM. I ought to see what I can find before it's gone. Maybe I should get the Avernum bundle, it looks like a good Ultima-style game. Then again that 3D remake of Wanderers from Ys looks pretty tempting. It's aggervating that there's all these awesome games I can buy, yet I don't know when I'll get to play the fool things.

I also second Legend of Grimrock. It's a great, get-yourself-lost dungeon crawler. The secrets are really damn secret, meaning that they're pretty hard to find.

As a final recommendation before this whole thing ends, grab Bastion if you can. It's a stylish little action RPG with an interesting narrative element that weaves through the game, with great graphics, nice audio, solid controls and a pretty decent story. You'll definitely get your $4 worth.

Pretty much the best game of the last year, if you ask me, so I'll have to second that!