djpretzel

Email sub file I Lost My Tranquility at the Temple.mp3

ReMixer Name: The Tiller of Souls

E-Mail Address: TheSoulTiller@gmail.com

My Website: http://www.xanga.com/thetillerofsouls

Name of game remixed: Ape Escape

Name of Song ReMixed: Tranquil Temple

Comments:

This was my first remix. I initially just played around with instruments, trying to get a feel. Finally, I got it sounding nice. Not great, but nice. I sent it to my friend to brag, and he said two words: Faster, Bass.

I upped the tempo from and already upped 175 to a 225. And, boy was he right. And then made the bass a little heavier, and it became this.

I don't have a website so I'm attaching it, and I'm sorry about that.

But, here is the Original File:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/Ape_Escape_Tranquil_Temple_DW.mid

the drums are kind of harsh, and they are unduly panned right. as it is the arrangement is too straightforward. however, the transition between the two sections is pretty cool. the feel shifts in a very interesting way.

you've really got to do something about that snare drum. that and expand some ideas of your own.

NO

Hahaha, this source MIDI has got the bass and the groove. Y'all are apeing it so good, kind MIDI.

As for the remix, I actually liked the MIDI more. The tempo was increased, but the sample quality was weak and the sounds were actually thinner than the original; no concept of texture whatsoever. Hahaha! Bass distortion at 2:03, 2:05 and 2:15 for the win.

I wish there was more to say, but there really isn't.

Ape!

Escape!

ape-escape-on-the-loose-20050328103600497.jpg

NO

Yeah, the drums panned that far right isn’t a good idea. You typically want something as fundamental as a kick sitting closer to center.

Other than that, your samples and arrangement are pretty basic. Work on improving your sounds and making better use of what you have to get more creative with the source. It takes practice but you’ll get there if you keep working at it.

NO

Yeah in a live setting the panning on these drums might work, but for listening purposes such as this case, it sounds totally off balanced - move the kit dead center. It's a bit overbearing right now, especially at the end.

The rest of the mix is pretty basic. The arrangement is straightforward, and simple. Production is equally so. This isn't a bad mix by any means, it's just not up to bar right now. Consider improving your samples, production techniques and adding a lot more elements to the mix. Consider using our Works In Progress/Completed forum for mixes before submitting. This needs a lot of work.

NO