OCR01414 - Chrono Trigger "Memories from the Wind Scene"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Damn, I am shocked, what a perfect way of raping a theme. That is one of the first Chrono Trigger covers, Where I don´t know what to say, without saying too much negative points.

Shit, I think I would be running screaming the other way. If you did another cover in that kind of way. But I envy your talent, in playing an instrument. So that is the most positive thing, I can say about your version of that theme. Since I don´t have much positivity about this piano piece, since I feel it is utter rape of a very fucking great melody.

but well, to save my own ass, then it is my opinion. and normally I am not that critical about a melody. But here I feel (possibly like the only one), that this version isn´t my cup of tea at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, damn. I was thinking through this entire piece, "wow, what a beautiful and awesome interpretation of Wind Scene, the guys got some serious talent, no way this is sequenced." But reading this review thread, it turns out this is entirely sequenced? 8-O I can hardly believe it.

I actually prefer this one moreso than 600AD in Piano, because it's much more interpretive. It's just a whole lot more fun and energetic.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I really enjoy this piece. It's playful, touching on different tones throughout the piece. I don't know if you planned it, but I wonder if the name of this piece reflects the different tones. You've got happy, chaotic, relaxed, and one that sounds worried weaved in together. Kudos in this piece.

• 7 months later...

I think the piano sound is a little too bright, but otherwise, this is great. The are some very nice arrangement ideas here, specifically with the chord changes; it feels very natural and off-the-cuff. This would be great to see performed, or if a dude was playing this in a department store while I was christmas shopping, i'd stop to listen.

Nice work. :-)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01414 - Chrono Trigger "Memories from the Wind Scene"