Shadow Queen Battle II ( Paper Mario: TTYD ) "Final Update"

FaytxStay

It's been a year! How is everyone! Now, now, I didn't get rejected, but I felt like I still had a LOT of work to do before my first song was submitted, and I'd like to know what you all think ( And what finishing touches I could use. )

I included new drums, instruments and even gave the chorus a little hook as well as throwing a small reference in there! I also started from scratch with the EQ'ing!

I still feel like there was more I could add, so please lemme know what I can do to improve!

This is the new!

stats.png

And this is the old!

stats.png

Well, this is pretty awesome! Reminds me of Kamelot, particularly Ghost Opera. The choir, and orchestra elements are super-sweet. It's a bit on the repetitive side, but in my opinion, the added soloing, and dynamics make it plenty interesting to listen to.

I can't say anything about the mixing/mastering because I only have access to low-quality speakers right now. I love it arrangement wise though.

Do I hear something from Castlevania (bloody tears?) near the beginning of the last quarter, and right after the intro?

No source link, no source comment.

Bells are too shrill. Guitar could use a little more bite (somewhere in the highs, just don't add too much). Snare seems like it could use a little more mids/punch, not sure exactly what frequency but one of its lower harmonics or the fundamental. Again, not too much. String staccatos seem weak, maybe adding some an octave down would help.

You're overusing that laugh effect.

Mostly nitpicks. Length might be a problem, and I have no idea about the source usage, but aside from that it seems like an ocr-level track. Cool track, nice work. :D