Final Fantasy: Tactics, long overdue IMHO

Blissamenouzu

But how about make a "real" album? Where every other track fit to another, not killing your soul and brain jumping from metal to chiptune then to orchestra, then dubstep etc.

Honestly, I don't mind if they do that, because

people do enjoy diversity

and I'm one of them - there's very few genres I outright dislike. I actually enjoy making playlists based on genre or mood made entirely of OCRemixes and OC Album tracks, and I like that most of those playlists have a dozen or more different games on them. But I can understand people wanting more of a definite progression to albums, too, so eh.

Honestly, whatever the artists want to share with me, in whatever order they want to share with me, is okay with me. But back on topic to FFT and Ivalice Alliance.

Btw, did anyone check the Diaries of Olan fan-album that I linked earlier? Any thoughts?

Actually, I missed that! I'll go check it out now, letcha know.

To summarize:

This album needs to happen!

:<

I already had two posts in this thread (including one linked to a fanmade FFT project) before you showed up just to trash-talk OCR albums.

Don't try to cover up your mistakes afterward by making stuff up or setting-up others to take the blame for your errors in judgement.

Instead of talking about FFT (i.e. the topic), you decided to share your personal views on a completely off-topic subject:

Now be a man and assume your words instead of jokingly trying to ridicule someone else to make yourself look good.

/argument

Moving on, moar FFT remixes plox! :)

Hmm.. I have an offer.

OCR is a music community. We have a stupid confrontation.

Lets handle it in "music duel".

2 rounds.

Round one: Each of us making a remix for same source.

Round two: We collaborating for another source.

Then ppl listen both rounds and vote.

Melbu Frahma will be a referee. He'll chose the source for both rounds from FFT list.

What do you think? Could be a start for FFT album and it'll stop stupid confrontation.

He's Russian. :)

That sounds.. bad.

Hmm.. I have an offer.

OCR is a music community. We have a stupid confrontation.

Lets handle it in "music duel".

2 rounds.

Round one: Each of us making a remix for same source.

Round two: We collaborating for another source.

Then ppl listen both rounds and vote.

Melbu Frahma will be a referee. He'll chose the source for both rounds from FFT list.

What do you think? Could be a start for FFT album and it'll stop stupid confrontation.

This might be a good idea for remixing with the stars. Maybe each pair would pick a style and go at it.

Seeing as how subjective this is I don't think a music duel would solve anything. Alot of people like this OST and actually i'm kind of happy with none of the tracks from FFT being remixed a lot like Sonic 2's Ice Cap or everything from Mega Man. :) Just to say it again, I'm sure a fantastic dance/electronica/etc. could be done, but i wouldn't be able to listen to it with any sense of enjoyment and i know i'm not the only one that feels that way.

That sounds.. bad.

No offense intended mak. :) Cheers!

I still want to remix a song from this game. I've been put down for "Battle on the Bridge" but it's on hold for now until I gain mad skillz.

There's a big problem, though. The soundtrack is complicated, diverse, and quite advanced and it's really, really difficult for a noob like me to even make something that'll be comparable to the original track. The soundtrack is intimidating!

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who loved this soundtrack. I'd also like to amend my original statement. I am unsure of how to describe the ethereal sound I was talking about, but these are a few examples of what I consider ethereal sounding (I apologize if this isn't helpful)

Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua OST - Shinshoku ~ Shinshoku 2

NiGHTS:Lucid Dreaming - Restless Depths (Deep It Lies) [Avaris, Level 99]

On a side note, are visual novels considered games?

Anyhow, I apologize if that isn't helpful and I'm sure not all tracks would sound good with that feel to them, but that's just what I imagined when I said ethereal sounding.

I wish I had musical talent or time to run a project...

On a side note, are visual novels considered games?

If you're asking are they ones that OCR accepts mixes from, the answer's... maybe? I know it was being discussed a while back, but I don't know that they ever came to an official decision. Lemme go see if I can find where I saw it being discussed.

EDIT: Found it. It's here, in the Ask the Judges thread..

I actually couldn't find a working link for The Diaries. :-(

I had the same problem. Couldn't find the link. I sent a pm to DJ Mokram and got this

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php?p=8915&postcount=1 The link is toward the bottom.

It's sort of an old album and really it wasn't that impressive. Most of the mixes are a minute or less which i don't think quite do justice to the OST but it was a good effort.

I had the same problem. Couldn't find the link. I sent a pm to DJ Mokram and got this

http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php?p=8915&postcount=1 The link is toward the bottom.

It's sort of an old album and really it wasn't that impressive. Most of the mixes are a minute or less which i don't think quite do justice to the OST but it was a good effort.

That's highly disappointing. :-( Oh well - I'll give it a listen anyway, thanks for the link!

• 2 months later...

I don't know how many of you have searched for arrangements of Tactics pieces thoroughly to come across Casey Ormond's arrangement of Ovelia's Worries.

Not terribly complex in any way, but none the less incredible to hear. His youtube channel can be found here https://www.youtube.com/user/Kiamet/videos?flow=grid&view=0

but I'm afraid that one particular piece has been removed.

Sad days indeed. If he doesn't mind me posting it here, I'll put it up, but considering it's off his Youtube account now I think that would be pretty unlikely.

how many of you have searched for arrangements of Tactics pieces thoroughly
Well I, for one, did and can affirm that the doujin scene got FFT, FFTA and FFTA2 pretty much covered.

While people here were taking a peaceful nap, Music Fantasy Tactics has been happening for years.

All I can say is, if you're looking for awesome Final Fantasy Tactics remixes, look no further than MFT. :wink: