Search by BPM?

Galant

This should be in Site Issues, but a mod will move it so no worries.

The tags on the site might contain some hint of upbeat- or downtempo...-ness. Forgot the link to the tag page tho, and am too lazy to find it. :P

I reckon that if the bpm was known and didn't change half way through, it'd be in the mp3 tags rather than as a search option on the site. I wouldn't expect it, but it's possible it's gonna be included in the new torrents. It's not like Larry's got anything better to do, right? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
This should be in Site Issues, but a mod will move it so no worries.

The tags on the site might contain some hint of upbeat- or downtempo...-ness. Forgot the link to the tag page tho, and am too lazy to find it. :P

I reckon that if the bpm was known and didn't change half way through, it'd be in the mp3 tags rather than as a search option on the site. I wouldn't expect it, but it's possible it's gonna be included in the new torrents. It's not like Larry's got anything better to do, right? ;)

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=734023&postcount=172

BPMs will NOT be embedded in the mixes for the revised torrents at all, because we can't ensure the accuracy of all BPMs generated by a DAW or BPM Analyzer, especially for pieces that use tempo changes.

Things could change, but if we integrated BPM into the site database on any level, it may make more sense to do ranges rather than exact numbers.