That's the spirit!

TheToader

I'm working on a remix/recomposition of the requiem of spirit warp song from Ocarina of Time. This is my third warp song remix and this time I'm going in a little bit different direction.It's still a work in progress and so far there's no ending. I'm open to any comments/suggestions. I'm using cakewalk 6 with synths. If you want to hear my previous remixes, you can find them on YouTube by searching "The Toader."

My song is on sound cloud at http://soundcloud.com/thetoader/thats-the-sprit-demo-zelda

Thanks,

The Toader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I could echo my previous post. It still applies.

Sound design is a bit tricky, but it's the process of finding and modifying, or making sounds of a particular type, and fitting those together in a way that sounds good. The backbone of the sound design here might work, but there's stuff like the bass drum and some of the more melodic instruments that feel a bit out of place, like a cartoon character in a live action film or vice versa.

Various synth modulations (connections within the synth) can give a synth sound a bit more life, and some of the parameters, and some additional effects, can give your synths a lot more complexity and depth. This is the difference between chiptune instruments and modern synths. Depending on the sound you're going for, you have different techniques of getting there.

Beyond just designing the sounds, they gotta be mixed well, and you gotta get a sense of performance into them. These are two very different processes, with occasional overlap.

Arrangement is okay. There's some nice references to other Zelda melodies, the mix doesn't repeat itself much, and it flows well.

Work on your sound. :D