PRC224 - RESULTS: A Kid is Lost in Woods (Kid Chameleon)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 224

PRCv9-16

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round was a really exciting one, all songs got a first place vote and the difference between the winner and last place was only 8 points. DrumJ8 scored the best and selected the new source.

This round's source is selected by DrumJ8:

Hi.

I'm befuddled as to why there are no Kid Chameleon ReMixes as it is one of my favorite games and the music is so beautifully funktastic. So here's my chance! The track is Kid Chameleon - Woods.

MIDI (http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/KC-woods.mid)

Good luck have fun.

PRC224.jpg

Source: Kid Chameleon (GEN) - Woods

MID

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY AUGUST 6th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a bonus mix, but he cannot win the round and get any votes. His vote counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

yesss I was worried I didn't do something right in the PM but I'm glad to see everything went through okay.

I am so familar with this game and source track I am very much looking forward to the entries! I started working on a remix a little while ago, so hopefully I can transform it into a bonus mix (Kid Chameleon style) :lmassoff:

yesss I was worried I didn't do something right in the PM but I'm glad to see everything went through okay.

I am so familar with this game and source track I am very much looking forward to the entries! I started working on a remix a little while ago, so hopefully I can transform it into a bonus mix (Kid Chameleon style) :lmassoff:

Well, I've got something I'm about to upload...I hope there'll be more than just me =/

lol I hear ya, I've been playing wayyy too much Xbox lately my self! I play Battlefield 3 relentlessly, I have 700 hours in that game. My free time is going to take a big hit soon however, go back school full time in 3 weeks + part time job. We'll see how many PRC's I get around to then heh

I agreed to collab with Zerothemaster this round, but is not looking too fruitful.. Might still be able to submit something tho

lol I hear ya, I've been playing wayyy too much Xbox lately my self! I play Battlefield 3 relentlessly, I have 700 hours in that game. My free time is going to take a big hit soon however, go back school full time in 3 weeks + part time job. We'll see how many PRC's I get around to then heh

I agreed to collab with Zerothemaster this round, but is not looking too fruitful.. Might still be able to submit something tho

something small

I've been more busy this week than anticipated, sorry sg bro

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 4 songs and 1 Bonus Mix are submitted.

To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote.

- Do not vote for DrumJ8's song.

DrumJ8 has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, August 8th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have. It's longer as usual

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC225.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

If I vote, does my/sg's entry get the customary extra vote from my vote, or don't I count?

I think the best solution is that you two only have one vote (Sggod89 already voted on this round). I'll think about this for future rounds, because there are no rules about it yet.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 4 (+ 1 Bonus)

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 21.

DrumJ8 submitted a bonus mix.

Trism got 6 points and gets the last place wooden spoon.

Hoboka received 15 points and third place

Chickenwarlord is close, but ends with 16 points, worth a second place.

And the winner of PRC224 are Sggod89 and Zerothemaster with 17 points.

Congratulations Sggod89 and Zerothemaster , you are the winners.

Sggod89 and Zerothemaster, you may select one source for PRC224. Discuss together, and send one source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before Friday

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC224

Oh boy.. Well, thanks guys! Zero, go ahead a choose a source. Takes me literally like an hour to find one lol

@Trism: The source is all over the place lol The first verse was the bass melody, virtually unchanged. The chorus, I used the panned synths from the source as the lead. And the second verse was just a play of the bass melody from the intro.

Oh boy.. Well, thanks guys! Zero, go ahead a choose a source. Takes me literally like an hour to find one lol

@Trism: The source is all over the place lol The first verse was the bass melody, virtually unchanged. The chorus, I used the panned synths from the source as the lead. And the second verse was just a play of the bass melody from the intro.

I though it might be something like that ha ha.

I didn't expect to do too well with my entry, just kinda entered it to make up the numbers :)

For anyone who's interested; this is what my original entry was going to be.

stats.png