OCR01416 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Cryptic Marble"

djpretzel

• 1 year later...

In my first listen through I was a little hesitant but the second the chorus hit I was hooked. Very hard hitting and energetic. I love the 80's-90's touches. This mix made me want to go back to my glory days of listening to Tears for Fears and playing my old Sega. Good feelings to invoke!

• 5 months later...

Starting out with a pretty lush atmosphere, the build gets pretty intense; with the melody peeking out from behind the massive bass, and the support elements overpowering it. Some nice lead ins to 1:47 really bring out the drama, and make this exciting to listen to. There is plenty of open space in this one too that makes the melodic sections that much more hard-hitting without being too over the top, and overall this is a great mix.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Taking nothing away from DJP and the others who did such amazing ReMixes for Marble Zone, but this is my favorite on the site so far. I absolutely love the 80's/90's theme going on with trance and oriental sounds intertwined into it. It's really one of those songs you can get the feel for while listening to it. The only thing I'm not so fond of is the quick ending. Seems like it could have been spaced out or done better with a fade, but terrific ReMix nonetheless.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

OCR Talkback #7 brought me to this mix! Anyway, on to the remix. This is an awesome arrangement of Marble Zone, great work! I'm really feeling right when the bass comes in at 0:31, the rest builds from there. The second section of the source is sounding great in this mix. The bass really shines between 2:31 and 3:00. Overall, incredible remix!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01416 - Sonic the Hedgehog "Cryptic Marble"