Amnesia: The Dark Descent

DJLionheart

Think there is already a thread on this game.

Regardless, I didn't find it all that scary after you encounter the monsters a couple of times. Great game, but very over-rated.

Well, I entered the game name in the forum search, but I didn't see anything. . .

Yeah, I can see the tension lowering a little after seeing the monsters a few times. Right now, it's the whole feeling of "I know something's after me, but I haven't 'seen' it yet, when's it just gonna freakin' jump out at me!?"

It took getting about 85% through the game before I got 'used' to the scares. One thing that's nice about this game is that it never gives you the same scare twice, and the story gets darker and more twisted as you move on. That's a good part of the horror in this game; the actual story. I definitely enjoyed it and will be buying the sequel, A Machine for Pigs, when it comes out this fall.

And yes, Slender is scarier, but only because of the 'jumping out' factor, and nothing is really scripted in that game. It's also not very fun, as someone else mentioned.

Well, I really did enjoy the game's atmosphere and I love the fact that they didn't totally rely on the bullshit volume jumps and gore that modern horror has become.

For me it just came down to the realization that I could see the monster coming, hoof it around a few corners and crouch down in the darkness. After the music stopped, I went on my way and the monster was never to be seen again. I don't think I even bumped into the same monster twice and I somehow managed to evade the monster in the infamous storage room entirely.

I am excited to see what the sequel will bring to the table though.

Well, I really did enjoy the game's atmosphere and I love the fact that they didn't totally rely on the bullshit volume jumps...............

At least half of all the freaking videos on youtube.

This is what's usually in the comment section. I've seen something like this at least 100 times.

1. Wear Headphones

2. Turn Up Volume

3. Enjoy (you're about to go deaf)

While those videos get thousands of views this one sits on the shelf :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGaLulrvxs4 :<