Vampire Variations II - Final Trailer (10/31/13)

Chernabogue

You guys have to learn french over there ? What a waste of time... On the other hand, it's retarded over here with that frenchiophonic supremacy..

Well, I don't know if it's still the same as when I was in school, but in elementary school French and music classes were mandatory. I had to take both every day from about age 6 to 12. We also have a fair number of schools that are French immersion and plenty of my friends were put through French immersion schools even though English was their first language and their families often didn't even have any French ancestry at all. So there are a surprising number of bi-lingual people out this way who never actually speak French unless they run into another person who went to French immersion schools or they go to or meet someone from Quebec. That, and the fact that all packaging of everything is in both English and French of course.

My great grandmother could also fluently speak 8 languages and I was around her a lot when I was a kid, so I'm always surprised at the amount of words and stuff I actually know from different European languages.

My generation had english classes from grade 3 to 12, I think it's still the same but most people don't learn anything. In grade 12 you're a fucking pro if you know the difference between should/could/would. Don't ask them to order a hamburger or understand what you say. You're lucky to speak english if you don't come from an english speaking familly here, and I think the whole adademic program is so dumbed down by the most popular politic party cause they're afraid of what they don't know..It's so restricted here, you kinda need contacts and the right situation and of course the will to learn. I'd without exagerating that I probably didn't even learn 0,1% of my english at school.

This is our prime minister

Edited by Metal Man

My generation had english classes from grade 3 to 12, I think it's still the same but most people don't learn anything. In grade 12 you're a fucking pro if you know the difference between should/could/would. Don't ask them to order a hamburger or understand what you say. You're lucky to speak english if you don't come from an english speaking familly here, and I think the whole adademic program is so dumbed down by the most popular politic party cause they're afraid of what they don't know..It's so restricted here, you kinda need contacts and the right situation and of course the will to learn. I'd without exagerating that I probably didn't even learn 0,1% of my english at school.

This is our prime minister

You mean premier, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister. Still though, that's not good given the fact that she is a politician.

I know this thread has de-railed a bit, but I think bilingualism actually hurts Canada. We have a freakin' language barrier between people born and raised in Canada. Though, to be fair, that's largely due to Quebec not wanting to accept the fact that they are a part of country whose population primarily speaks English. I haven't been to Quebec myself (I do want to visit Montreal though), but I've heard they want or do have a public ban on English signs or something ridiculous like that?

Anyway, on the subject of Vampire Variations II, I'll have a new WIP of my track to you within a week, Chernabogue.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

• 3 weeks later...