Persona 4 Arena

Newt

The next game from Arc System Works is coming out on the 7th. I've heard that some places in NY are already handing out copies. The rest of us have to wait.

This game has lots of hype right now, has taken the 'anime fighter' slot in japan, and is apparently extremely well balanced.

I'll be getting it for PS3. The 360 version has lag issues, but apparently ASW is working on it; can probably expect a patch at or around launch. I'm hoping to play a lot of this at MAG, which means all of you need to pick up this game as well.

Something clever about the midnight channel or how I can bearly wait.

Something clever about the midnight channel or how I can bearly wait.

I see what you did there. I'm not big on fighting games but Persona 4 is one of my all-time favorite games and I've already got this game preordered at Gamestop (yay for bonus arrange CD) for the PS3.

I just got it yesterday and I've played through a couple characters story modes. I gotta say, they have done a great job keeping the Persona theme. All the menus look really great. The characters movesets are really good since they had to base this on an already established game. I've gone through Yosuke, Kanji, and Chie's story lines and just finished Teddie's.

I'm also really happy that they remixed some tracks like Reach out to the Truth and Heartful Cry. They also made battle themes for all the characters. I'm finding I like Yukiko's and Teddie's the best.

They definitely didn't skimp on the music.

I can't recommend this game more. (O v O///)

I've read in some other places that, if you care about the story, you shouldn't play Arena until you've beaten Persona 4 and Persona 3.

Yeah the story will spoil the other two quite badly.

If you can't wait for Persona 4 Golden I recommend playing Persona 3 Portable and watching the P4 anime to get your story fix.

Yeah the story will spoil the other two quite badly.

If you can't wait for Persona 4 Golden I recommend playing Persona 3 Portable and watching the P4 anime to get your story fix.

I watched the P4 anime over a few days leading up to the release.

IMO, as good as the story was, it's not worth waiting 200+ hours of gameplay before going into P4A.

poo on you

you're missing a damned good game with that attitude

What I failed to mention is that I had a room-mate that religiously watched GiantBomb's P4 endurance run, so I've already seen/experienced a large portion of the game. I imagine the experience would be a bit more droll without the commentary.

It was like MST3K, but videogames!~

Besides, with my current schedule, I really don't have time for 100+ hour epics anymore.