Music from a fan game?

rosuko1214

Ok, so there is a sonic fan game out there called Sonic Robo Blast 2, and it has it's own original soundtrack. Both the game and the soundtrack are free on the site, and I love the soundtrack. So. I was wondering If anyone would be willing to take a listen and perhaps a remix or 2 of the track of the remixer's choice. I just thought it would be awesome to see what you guys would do with it.

G-Mixer, not quite. You might be thinking of this bit:

Games that are shareware, freeware, or personal projects may or may not be accepted at our discretion. We strongly recommend arranging music from commercial releases to avoid any problems.

I guess the aim of this is to make sure the games are notable enough. Then it's another matter if the source in question is notable enough.

--Eino

Do you mean OCR moderators would lock a request thread if the source track didn't fit the site's submission standards? I don't think that makes sense. People might still fill the request to remix the music (or find rearrangements elsewhere and link here), whether or not it would go to OCR.

You could ask in the "ask judges" thread.

--Eino

Yeah, just make the request and see what people do with it.

An alternative that I've seen implemented is to win the PRC compo that's hosted on compo.thasauce.net (also linked in my sig) and request the fan game track to be arranged. On the one hand that almost guarantees a few remixes of the track. On the other hand, you have to win the compo first, lol.

Nothing wrong with making the request here, though. It's a little less likely to get any response because people may have trouble submitting their work, but there's no harm in asking.