A depressing theme

Articorse

Hey there, guys, this is my first time posting here. A friend of mine just referred me to this site and I love what I'm seeing so far. So I figured why not make my introduction by posting an original song of mine. Not really a good example of what I make, but then again most of my stuff is experimenting with genres I don't know that well.

Please enjoy, or tear me a new one with how much I've failed, either would be appreciated. :)

I really liked this!

My only critique is that there wasn't a big climactic point in the song. It just seemed to lull a bit repetitively onward and then finish. I would add some cymbal crescendos and a few drum hits just for some extra dramatic flavor.

Keep up the good work, though!

Thank you!

Yeah, now that you mention it, it probably does need some kind of climax or something. It does drone on. But that was kinda the idea, if I remember right, it's supposed to sound a bit like a soundtrack for some kind of depressing, dark scene.

Either way, that particular song is quite old, I don't think I even have the project anymore. But I might go back and remake it someday. I have quite a few more songs, so I'll be posting those soon, too. I have two other songs uploaded to my blog, which I'll likely be posting next.

Also, finding this site has inspired me to make a cover of a theme from Warcraft 2, which my band plays. It's a metal version of Human 2. So you can expect that at some point, too. :)