Mechwarrior anyone?

Admiral_C

MWO is turning into one of the most ancitipated F2P games in AGES This is absolutely epic.

I'm under NDA and i cant say too much but MAN is it a good time

It is WORTH buying a founders if it can be afforded but you wont be hurt by not buying it! I've linked up with The Blazing Aces merc corp. But a lot of houses to play too.

Dusk: Exclusive mechs will likely be limited to skins. Or possibly custom variants which will not be commonly available. (Note they arent BETTER just famous: Know your lore concerning those)

Example: AS7-WGS Atlas Samsonov - The personal ‘Mech of Galedon Military District commander Warlord Grieg Samsonov during the DCMS's Third Succession War invasion of Galtor III, only the massive autocannon remains, with the rest of the standard weaponry replaced with a PPC mounted in each arm. The remaining weight and space is devoted to six additional heat sinks.

The Exp and GP gains just make it take less time to get things. The differences are small but combined can impact a fight. They wont however flip a fight on its ear.

Wait... the MechWarrior reboot became MechWarrior Online? So it's just another MMO with no single player aspect?

That's a neg buddy. Smith and Tinker are still working on their own game. This is a completely different project run by a completely different group of coders/writers. Piranha Games has the helm of MWO

Also you can 'single player' Mechwarrior Online the game allows you to play a lone wolf style if thats what you want. The story is based directly in canoncial lore (year 3049 currently just before the CLAN invasion)

One final edit: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/897-why-you-want-mechwarrior-online-to-be-free-to-play/

This is an article going into detail how their cash shop will work. Should ease most if not all concerns on it.

I never did get to play the original Mechwarrior games... are they worth finding and playing even now? I have played the MechCommander games, though.

I can't comment on MW1, as I've never played it. But MW2 is quite good (the graphics are dated obviously, but the gameplay and such are still great), MW3 is OK (better graphics then the previous game, but gameplay seems less fun, and it's missing that spark that MW2 had), and MW4 is quite good (better graphics still, and the enjoyable gameplay is back).

Mechwarrior 4 is free, you should start with that.

http://www.mektek.net/projects/mw4/download.html

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries is free, not the original MW4, or the "Black Knight" expansion.

I've never played Mechwarrior but I have NO doubt at all that it totally rocks because it's a game where you pilot robots and in my experience there has never been a game that involved piloting robots that sucked. Armored Core, Xenogears, Zone of the Enders... love 'em all. If you guys know any robot games that aren't good, I'd like to know actually.

I'm under NDA and i cant say too much but MAN is it a good time

Are you able to mention if the maximum scroll speed for mice is throttled? If not, are people who play with a stick at severe disadvantage?

Time to invest in a joystick...

I've really been liking my Saitek X65f so far. That said, I got it for relatively cheap on ebay.. It's generally pretty good, but the stick definitely needs to be mounted (bolted) to whatever surface you're using it on.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. Back when I was shopping, I couldn't find one for a reasonable amount though.

Haha, I've been on the bandwagon for this for...well, since they announced it. My cousin and I are both awaiting this, and both awaiting the Clan Invasion. (Hell, we're both Clanners by trade and data in MW2, now that we play that from time to time).

I love the look. Not a Founder, so I'm not in beta, and can't give anything away, aside for the fact that the devs. are awesome, the art style awesome, and that there's rumors that there is old, legally-banned designs being resurrected, if Harmony Gold could actually do something better with their time.

Plus, a mech called an Awesome. How can you not love an Awesome with an awesome pilot? :grin:

Are you able to mention if the maximum scroll speed for mice is throttled? If not, are people who play with a stick at severe disadvantage?

I've really been liking my Saitek X65f so far. That said, I got it for relatively cheap on ebay.. It's generally pretty good, but the stick definitely needs to be mounted (bolted) to whatever surface you're using it on.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. Back when I was shopping, I couldn't find one for a reasonable amount though.

To be honest. A stick (if it has its own accelerator) may fare better than mouse/keyboard just on the speed sensitivity. I cant say too much more than that.

There are unseen currently and the negotiations on them haven't had news in a while. The big ones in that are the Rifleman and the Longbow. The others are significant but not overwhelming. They did make headway with the Battlemaster IIC but still its unknown where any of that is going.

The awesome until Clan Tech gets introduced is slightly lacking in terms of what it can pack. But its a fair machine.

To be honest. A stick (if it has its own accelerator) may fare better than mouse/keyboard just on the speed sensitivity. I cant say too much more than that.

There are unseen currently and the negotiations on them haven't had news in a while. The big ones in that are the Rifleman and the Longbow. The others are significant but not overwhelming. They did make headway with the Battlemaster IIC but still its unknown where any of that is going.

The awesome until Clan Tech gets introduced is slightly lacking in terms of what it can pack. But its a fair machine.

Oh, I know. But, alongside the JagerMech (not yet in the Beta, I know that much), it's one of the two good long-range mechs, barring the Cat. with it's LRMs.

Oh, I know. But, alongside the JagerMech (not yet in the Beta, I know that much), it's one of the two good long-range mechs, barring the Cat. with it's LRMs.

Cat's likely. Jager isn't gonna make launch, but will probably be included in an update.

CAt wont be in however until the clan invasion happens which we're not quite there yet. But we probably will be at that point within a few months of launch