OCR02474 - Nier & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Ancient Dreams"

djpretzel

I guess this is the stuff I miss when I don't judge as much as I used to. I'm not familiar with the main source, but this is a gorgeous arrangement and very well performed. Very reminiscent of the Stormlord ReMix that djp mentioned in terms of instrumentation, mood, and exotic appeal (if I can't understand it, it's all foreign to me - invented language or not). You keep getting better, Mansoor.

I really like this remix. NieR is one of my all time favorite OSTs and it's just brilliant, and I am glad to see it get remixed. My only complaint is mixing it with Gerudo. Why mix something that's never been done with something that is practically the town bicycle of remixing? Especially when you could have used Ashes of Dreams which has a similar enough progression (arguably better).

But enough ranting, have at you.

I would have liked to hear a bit stronger vibrato throughout the song. I could go into a number of personal nitpicks like that but ultimately it's personal taste and the song is really fantastic. Thank you for making this.

I could imagine Zelda or SE/Nier fans on either side fretting about the franchise cross-polination

Oops, hahah.... <3

Edited by Brandon Strader

Love it dude, I feel like my judge comments mostly summed up my feelings on this, but honestly the borderline part of the vote really only applies when viewing this strictly through the lens of OCR's standards. Outside of that context, as a personal listener I find this downright fantastic and there's nothing borderline about it.

This is definitely the track where I realized how much potential you had in terms of producing downright fantastic vocal tracks, and your recent attempts have gotten even better. Be on the lookout for more from Mansoor, he's done some amazing stuff recently!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't help but get a proud papa bear kind of feel listening to this. :'-) I'm certainly not djpretzel, but having been an OCR fan for 10 years and a judge for 8, hearing the skill and grace of the collaboration between Mansoor and Sabrina just fills me with a sense of pride for both them and how far this community has come. It's amazing to hear the diversity and talent of artists like these on a regular basis. Beautiful work.

• 1 year later...

Dude, you have a total knack for great smooth arrangements with neat little source cameos. I did chuckle a little at Gerudo Valley popping in, but it's such a welcomed addition to this ReMix, and those vocals by Sabrina are unbelievably gorgeous. I'm going to have to agree with Sarad, if you ever give Song of Storms a shot with an arrangement like this, that would be awesome. But this is a awesome ReMix in it's own right and I'll be enjoying this for a long time.

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02474 - Nier & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Ancient Dreams"