*NO* Corpse Party 'Heavenly Horrors'

OceansAndrew

Hello again, OCR!

After countless of sleepless nights, we've decided to act our ages and tackle a game (soundtrack... haha, I've yet to beat Corpse Party actually) that we've been wanting to do for the last five months or so! xD

This game is really something else for a PSP game and it's rather basic tile-based gameplay. But the story, characters, setting, atmosphere and just absolutely gruesome writing make it absolutely, gutwrenchingly painful to play through. Especially when you hit a bad ending.

But the music really hit all the right notes, all the time. I've always doubted our ability to actually pay tribute to it, but if you never try you'll never know. And with that in mind, we gave it our best!

Details:

Your ReMixer name:

Digital Element a.k.a. DigiE.

Your real names:

Maurice Willems & Sanjay Sampatsing.

Your email address:

Your User ID:

Additional details:

Name of game(s) arranged:

Corpse Party (PSP).

Name of individual song(s) arranged

(Main remix) Trailer Theme/Main Theme-- (

) ((I have no idea what the theme is officially called, but I'm pretty sure it's also the main theme of the game/series))

Chapter 1- MAIN BGM-- (

) (The string melody mostly)

PC-98 Version of Corpse Party: Final Boss Theme-- (

) (You can see why we had to do what we did for this part, haha.)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.

It was refreshing to actually play a game that settled itself into my brain again, even though it was very disturbing given what happens or can happen to characters in the game, and the music definitely helped the cause. It had it's upbeat moments, terrifying moments and outright explicit-words-are-required moments that really helped bring the atmosphere and/or tension up even more. It's amazing to try and remix a song in such an upbeat fashion like this, and I'm really happy we were able to at least give it our best we've ever have for a remix.

All in all it's been really fun working on this, I hope our excitement for the game and it's music come across as well as I hope. There's also a few homages to other games in there, but this time they're not very well hidden at all, haha.

I hope you guys enjoy it! <3

Remix Name:

Heavenly Horrors.

Regards,

DigiE.

Pretty awesome soundtrack. WELL worth a listen for any readers here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msoPVdN78FQ&playnext=1&list=SPC63672E893D00DD5

The trailer music is certainly based off motifs from the game's soundtrack, if not made for the game itself. I couldn't find the trailer music outside of the trailer vid, though it's a cult game and the soundtrack may not be spread around as much on YouTube. It would likely check out, but just FYI that I had no conclusive info that the trailer theme was originally made for the game. Again, it's PROBABLY fine.

First part of trailer theme: :33-1:00, 1:15-1:28, 3:14-3:28 (very quiet on plucked strings), 5:13-5:41

Second part of trailer theme: 1:29-1:53, 2:21-2:31,

Chapter 1 theme - 1:53-2:21 played by the lower strings

PC98 final boss theme - 3:28-3:54, 3:56.5-4:45

The arrangement checks out, and I liked what I heard there adapting these themes to a more electronic style.

Trailer theme arrived at :32, and I'm already thinking the levels are too hot here, though they're tolerable.

Am just I getting old? Until 1:44 (which was a beautiful transition adapted from the original), the track was sounding too loud and cluttered. 3:14-3:30 was another area where I felt my ears were getting battered.

Anyone else, from 3:42-4:10, lemme know if this is too compressed or if my ears are turning into Grandpa Larry. :lol: Actually once the distorted stuff was brought in at 4:16, I think I was firmly against this one on production grounds. Short and sweet, clean up the mixing and we're good to go, but I can't support this one as is.

NO (refine/resubmit)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...