Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

I don't know if I'll upload my tune tomorrow. It's just like a big draft.. I haven't had much time to work on it, and won't have much tonight either (it's my birthday tuesday and I have a supper tonight when I come back from work (where I'm at now)). So what should I do, upload an unpolished turd ? ;(

You have to upload for 2 reason, first, I'm not an opponent do be fear off, you can easily beat me and for second, I won't accept winning by default, so upload what you got

Crap! I thought voting was due tomorrow! sorry guys

My votes would have been these:

1-Superior X vs Phonetic Hero : Very close matchup I liked how funky was SX's track but I liked PH's a little bit more. It was hectic but not too noisy.

2-Tuberz McGee vs Jakesnke17 : Jake had some insteresting ideas but I have to hand it over to Tuberz for his bold take on the themes and the arrangement.

3-AMT vs Mr. L : Not much to say, AMT rocks the fuck out of mega man. I am afraid of going against this amount of face melting mega man rock later on. A big contrast vs Mr L's subtle rendition of the themes, which wasn't bad at all but I felt the drums were a bit disconnected from the song, not off-time or anything, but kinda doing their own thing. I'll have to go with AMT on this one.

4-BlackPanther : Short, but nice. I liked the atmosphere.

5-Cash and Change : C&C's intruments felt a bit loud and dry, the arrangement wasn't bad but the instruments kinda distracted me.

5-urdailywater : slappy clap there. Ambience is kinda odd, but it was entertaining.

6-ladyWildfire vs Benjamin Briggs : LW's song is pretty awesome, almost has a sad tone to it. BB's was upbeat so there was a contrast there. I would go with BB by a hair.

7-Jason Covenant: holy crap dude. Your songs have always been epic but... damn.

Right that's it, I'm done. I actually got the track sounding okish and my fucking program crashes and I haven't saved for fucking ages and it's 2:30am here and I have work tomorrow so screw this I'm going to bed. Very sorry for dropping out but I'm finished here.

I think instead I'll start looking at designing the banners tomorrow as no-one else seems to picking that up.

Right that's it, I'm done. I actually got the track sounding okish and my fucking program crashes and I haven't saved for fucking ages and it's 2:30am here and I have work tomorrow so screw this I'm going to bed. Very sorry for dropping out but I'm finished here.

I think instead I'll start looking at designing the banners tomorrow as no-one else seems to picking that up.

Noooo!!! My seahorse was all prepared to do battle, too.

5-Cash and Change : C&C's intruments felt a bit loud and dry, the arrangement wasn't bad but the instruments kinda distracted me.

Thanks for the feedback. This is a reoccurring issue for me, I tend to have trouble selecting my instruments.

Edited by Cash

Crap! I thought voting was due tomorrow! sorry guys

3-AMT vs Mr. L : Not much to say, AMT rocks the fuck out of mega man. I am afraid of going against this amount of face melting mega man rock later on. A big contrast vs Mr L's subtle rendition of the themes, which wasn't bad at all but I felt the drums were a bit disconnected from the song, not off-time or anything, but kinda doing their own thing. I'll have to go with AMT on this one.

(And now, the post I should've made before...)

Thanks for the comments! :grin:

Hmm... so two comments about the drums... to be honest, I'm not that great at picking out drum (kick / snare) samples just yet; so, sorry beforehand if it sounds like I'm making the same mistake(s) over and over again. :(

I'm gonna make this work eventually! :)

Edit: Sorry to hear about your program crashing, Trism. :(

Edit #2: *does Jedi hand gesture* pixelwave, your current mix is awesome like sliced bread; you'll be happy to submit it! (Okay, I gave that a try.)

Edited by Mr. L

Hmm... so two comments about the drums... to be honest, I'm not that great at picking out drum (kick / snare) samples just yet; so, sorry beforehand if it sounds like I'm making the same mistake(s) over and over again. :(

I'm gonna make this work eventually! :)

Well if you want a bit more of advice, I think it wasnt as much of a sample problem, but a choice of how you sequenced them and presented them. i think that for a track as chill as this one, something more spaced out than a 4 on the floor would've worked better, that's one of the reasons why the song and the drums felt a bit disconnected. Also I would have processed them a bit more to make them sound more in tune with the ambience. But doing something other than 4 on the floor would've made a difference, I think. You could have done a spaced out beat for the most part of the song and bring the four on the floor for fuller sections, for example.

Anyways hope that helps a bit.

Well if you want a bit more of advice, I think it wasnt as much of a sample problem, but a choice of how you sequenced them and presented them. i think that for a track as chill as this one, something more spaced out than a 4 on the floor would've worked better, that's one of the reasons why the song and the drums felt a bit disconnected. Also I would have processed them a bit more to make them sound more in tune with the ambience. But doing something other than 4 on the floor would've made a difference, I think. You could have done a spaced out beat for the most part of the song and bring the four on the floor for fuller sections, for example.

Anyways hope that helps a bit.

This is what I was wondering. Thank you!

I wrote everything in that post except the question, so thanks again, man.

That was indeed most helpful! :)

EDIT: I'm really excited to hear the Zero Bracket's mixes tomorrow!

Edited by Mr. L