Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

Maybe the next competition will be better for everyone. Maybe its all just bad timing with school, jobs, or OCR album projects? Who knows. Maybe the people that have been doing it are just tired of it or they got their butt feelings hurt and vowed to never join another competition again :(

BTW, what happened to Txai, GeckoYamori, Halc, Zircon, Sixto, AkumajoBelmont, ProtoTypeRaptor, Brandon Strader... the list could go on and on and on..... and some of the others? I miss em *sad face*

PS: We should invite bLiNd and mazedude for some trancy and other weird goodness :)

Is everyone playing Borderlands 2? .... so that's why no one is trash talking in this forum...

Edited by shadow24

BTW, what happened to Txai, GeckoYamori, Halc, Zircon, Sixto, AkumajoBelmont, ProtoTypeRaptor, Brandon Strader... the list could go on and on and on..... and some of the others? I miss em *sad face*
Amen! Cerrax is another big one... the dude has only 2 OCR mixes, but he shows up, blows my friggin' mind in the GRMRB, then vanishes, never to be seen again....

Grooming new awesome-mongers is a big reason I'm doing ReMixing With the Stars (plug! Season 1 signups start next week!).

Really digging Blast Hornet's music. His theme is just pure awesomeness. Great job BlackPanther. Your getting a lot better. Pete's track is just chozoriffic too :) Briggs vs Covenant is a good match up against two top tier mixers. For me I feel Ben edges Jason out by a bit. Cash and Change has an interesting feel to the song. I enjoyed your last submission better but this one was at least very crisp sounding. Snail's theme isn't very prominent in the song. Your adlibbing solo sounds great in it.

Jason... Where do you get your vocals from? They are really awesome. Makes me want to have a sampling set of every note for Akumajo's voice lol. Do you have that per say?

Edited by shadow24

Yeah I didn't get to leave detailed comments this time, but good job all around guys. Ben and Jason, you both made some awesome songs as well. Nice chiptuny stuff Ben! Jason - I really hope you finish up your songs from this compo, both have sounded really good so far, I'd love to hear them finished up.

Blackpanther, I really am digging your song too. It took a little while to grow on me, but then I started noticing some of the nuances of the different melodies and how you blended things together. I really like the atmosphere of the piece. The dub bass you added in at the end was a neat twist too.

Pete, I've already told you what I think of your song :razz: Mr. L & Cash & Change had some good entries too. Interesting to see you go back to a piano-centric piece Mr. L, cool arrangement. C&C had some good ideas too, although I agree your last song was a little stronger, something seemed a little off with the key sigs in your song this round.

Looking forward to Zero mixes on Sunday!

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying, but thanks for the comments, everyone; greatly appreciative for your time in writing them and then reading them, good or bad! :grin:

@Bahamut:

The strings were added in a bit late, so I didn't get to spend quite as much time as I would've liked with them to make them 'flow' a bit better :(... will definitely have to put that on my to-do list.

As for the 1:45 'weirdness', that's where I have Shield Sheldon come in again on the strings... you're most certainly right, that is definitely awkward timing.

Thanks for your time in reviewing / commenting, man!

@jnWake:

I love the piano, so I tend to overuse it in any mix that I attempt, sorry about that. :( I've tried using more synths, and will keep trying to do so, but, for some reason, I seem to always come back to the piano. :mrgreen:

This time, I did want to keep the mix a bit quieter and 'happier', but the volume, after listening again, could use some adjustment.

Still working on arrangement; one of these days I hope to get there!

Anyway, thanks, once again, for your comments! :-D

Edit: Thanks, SuperiorX, for your comments! Just an idea, if you will, that I wanted to try! :D

Edited by Mr. L
Clarification.

Sent mine to Darke a while ago. Turns out I'm actually incredibly satisfied with it. Sexy groove and wicked E. Piano solo.

It's kind of thematic in a way. E. Piano representing Sting Chameleon and Synth lead representing Blaze Heatnix (and co.). Starts out as just a Blaze Heatnix remix and Sting Chameleon slowly sneaks his way in until it's mostly SC.

I kind of have this imagery of SC infiltrating the BH base and sneaking around until the climax of the piece in which he assassinates BH and makes his grand escape fighting his way through the many loyal minions with an air of badassery.

Edited by Theory of N

@SuperiorX and shadow24,

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I liked the ideas in my latest submission, but I agree my first one was slightly better. I wasn't sure if I wanted to post my first entry in the workshop, but I think I will now. :)

Edited by Cash

Well... I guess it's safe to say that pretty much wraps it up for Blizzard Wolfang in this competition, but that's cool; it was really fun! :mrgreen:

Once again, Pete (if I may), awesome job on your track, man!

And a great job to everyone in this round, as well. :)

And with that, I'm most certainly looking forward to the future rounds (especially the Zero Bracket's mixes this Sunday!)

Until next time. :grin:

Edit: A big thanks for all of the comments and the votes, everyone; I really appreciate it! :D

Edited by Mr. L

Well... I guess it's safe to say that pretty much wraps it up for Blizzard Wolfang in this competition, but that's cool

Ah-haHA! I see what you did there

Once again, Pete (if I may), awesome job on your track, man!

And a great job to everyone in this round, as well. :)

Thanks dude! Ditto about the tracks this round and next

(and absolutely you may, heh heh :) )

unbelievable. My PC went belly up again until now. Hard to believe but its the honest truth, this PC was working fine until yesterday. Holy shit.

Now I have what a couple of hours left? man, I think I'm gonna have to go with either an unfinished or a rushed entry, and I dunno if my PC wil be able to start again, I literally put it apart and back together again and tried for hours.

Anyways, time spent typing is time lost spent mixing, I just wanted to explain this situation, holy shit murphy you son of a bitch.