Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

Ah, maybe he did; if so, he's got a ridiculous ability to sing different styles. Thought it sounded similar. Apologies

No need to apologize, all you did was ask about a sample. I know people have been asking about the vocals in some of my earlier mixes -- I've been meaning to put together a post explaining the methods.

It's not everything I wanted it to be, but what can you do when you write 2:30 of music in 3 hours... Still has loads of potential, I'm planning on polishing this one too

lol, I feel you, man. I hate it when that happens, but 2-3 minutes of music in 3 hours is better than nothing.

Nice work, ToN - it's a well deserved win, on your end. Good luck with the rest of the compo!

gj to you too, jnWake.

Storm Owl is one of my favorite maverick themes, so this will be pretty exciting.

EDIT: I'm really excited about this round, I just started mixing.

I've already made a 30-second intro, and I couldn't continue because my roommate went to sleep, otherwise I'd be done with half of it by now :P

I think this will be a lot less energetic entry than my previous ones, but that's only gonna make it better :D

I hate to say this because of all the drops we've had, but I'm going to have very limited time (if any) to put something together this week. I'll be in Austin, TX for GDC Online from tomorrow until Saturday.

Good luck to everyone though! I'll try my best to get make something.

Gario - You put up quite a fight with that remix. I love it :)

I hate to say this because of all the drops we've had, but I'm going to have very limited time (if any) to put something together this week. I'll be in Austin, TX for GDC Online from tomorrow until Saturday.

What if I took your spot :o

bubble crab never die!!!!!!

Wow, Phonetic Hero, what a change of pace! I like it!

I really hope that you are able to get something in. I've really enjoyed your mixes so far, and I look forward to hearing another!

WHAT!? I won?!? This is crazy. Did not expect that at all. TheRexasaurus, that was a great battle and your song was awesome.

Man, Austin is so awesome. Enjoy it there (if you even have time to go around the city. I'm sure the conference will be pretty time-consuming). Hope you're able to put something together, though. I'm going to have to bring my A-Game (of course, I have to discover my A-Game first)

Mmm hmm, that's pretty much been me every round this compo. Left something like Wednesday two weeks ago, so I was on a tight schedule, too.

Glad that I was able to push you, there. :)

WHAT!? I won?!? This is crazy. Did not expect that at all. TheRexasaurus, that was a great battle and your song was awesome.

Can't say that I was for the most part - you did a fantastic job ProjectSpam, and I knew you'd pass on. The only problem now is that you now have to win the whole thing so I don't look bad :tomatoface:

Seriously though, nice work!

Wow, Phonetic Hero, what a change of pace! I like it!

I've been feeling like I need to change pace a little and branch out... glad you dig it :D It's fun learning new styles and tricks. I've got at least a couple new things to draw from since I've written these last two tracks for the compo. I'm glad to have the opportunity

Aww, now we won't get a Storm Eagle/Storm Owl remix. Although on the other hand, Toxic Seahorse is one of my favourite maverick themes, so I guess it was a win-win situation. Or something.

And yet another great round of mixes this week! Seriously, I wish I had the technology/software to actually make music, because I'd love to participate in one of these.

Aww, now we won't get a Storm Eagle/Storm Owl remix. Although on the other hand, Toxic Seahorse is one of my favourite maverick themes, so I guess it was a win-win situation. Or something.

I was kind of disappointed at first because I thought I would be mixing storm owl (and I spent an hour or so mixing Storm Eagle because of this mistake). But Now i'm having a lot of fun with it. My mix is coming along pretty nicely.

And yet another great round of mixes this week! Seriously, I wish I had the technology/software to actually make music, because I'd love to participate in one of these.

No problem buddy!, here's a shameless plug to help you get started!

My budget music producer kit

Edited by Sir_NutS

Hmm, I don't know. It didn't seem all that easy to me...

I can easily understand your point of view being one of the remixers and all. Still I stand by my statement. I just wasn't feeling your song as much this round and Jason did a fantastic job with his track. Albeit it is not a song that I would personally want to listen to very often because of the style.

For your other mix this site might help you resolve future dissonance issues.

http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/

It's especially nice to hear something from pH that doesn't sound exactly like all his other mixes.

YOU MEAN LAST ROUND'S WASN'T DIFFERENT ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

Butt yeah, I've been meaning to branch out for a while. Finally had the opportunity, glad you guys are digging :D

And Black Panther, that mix is groovy as HELL! You gotta send me it when it gets polished man. Nice interp on Sheldon too, didn't even pick it out at first :P

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Okay I got home from GDC a day early so I have a little less than a day to make this thing (because I have something I have to do tonight) so LET'S GET STARTED LET'S DO THIS THING

EDIT: Okay seriously, what's up with that random-ass plagal cadence in Toxic Seahorse's theme?

EDIT 2: About four hours of work later, I'm "done" with my entry since I'll have no more time to work on it. Decided I was sick of minor. Also decided I'm not a big fan of the improvised nature of Toxic Seahorse either. But At Least I Made Something.

Edited by Theory of N