Mega Man X: The Grand Maverick Remix Battle 2012

DarkeSword

ARGH!!!!!! I just finally listened to all the songs...Why was the Vector Point remix of Volt Catfish and Blizzard Buffalo only 1:06 minutes LONG?!?!?! It was just getting amazing awesomeness and then it just ENDS! Finish this song if its a WIP, it is the most amazing one of the bunch so far imo! My ears will thank you!

Dustin and I have been talking, and we've both been really busy with stuff. Neither of us were really planning on the competition ending at all, so the round was kind of a shock with little warning. I'm in the middle of about a billion original projects, plus holiday stuff/brothers being in town from army stuff/other family stuff, and I know ToN's been really busy + sick all week. Any way we can get an extension to ensure quality work on both our parts?

Dustin and I have been talking, and we've both been really busy with stuff. Neither of us were really planning on the competition ending at all, so the round was kind of a shock with little warning. I'm in the middle of about a billion original projects, plus holiday stuff/brothers being in town from army stuff/other family stuff, and I know ToN's been really busy + sick all week. Any way we can get an extension to ensure quality work on both our parts?

All of this. Unexpected final round, sick for a week, family in for the holidays. Just all around bad timing to start this back up. I second this extension proposal.

From the FL remix gauntlet thread:

"Yeah, go for it. Sorry, I'm down in Arkansas where a huge ice storm hit. Power's out for over 200,000 Entergy customers and they said some will take up to 7 days to restore power. So yeah...I'm pretty much boned as far as any kind of music goes. Or leaving the house. Or being warm. "

I'm on my cell phone being charged from my car. So...I'm out unless we can delay it again. But it's almost not seeming worth it at this point. I'll leave it up to PH and Darke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wasn't trying to be facetious or anything, I was really serious. It had been over a month since anything was posted, and probably over two months since we knew what was happening with the compo definitively.

If things are still going to finish, great, I can't way to hear the final mixes!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

Around the beginning of the year at MAGFest, I spoke to Phonetic Hero and he talked to me about finishing this competition out. He and ToN decided to go with Mortal-Kombat-esque "friendship" ending; that is to say, rather than making two mixes and having people vote, it would be easier for them to collaborate on one awesome remix. They sent me the track a night or two ago and I've included it in the GMRB2012 archival release which will be available in the first post of this thread in a few minutes.

The archival release is every entry re-encoded and retagged for metadata consistency. It also includes the badge graphics. I hope everyone enjoys listening to these tracks again. I think everyone did a really great job, and I'm sorry that the schedule got so out of whack (I blame Hurricane Sandy). People really brought their A-game (as they always do), and I'm really proud of everyone who participated, especially the folks who were initially unsure of their mixing abilities.

Our next competition in the CapCompo Series will be this summer. We'll be doing another Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet, with a little bit of a twist that I don't want to give away. Some of you out there know what's going to be happening, so please don't tell anyone if you do. There's still a few months until then, so in the mean time make sure you check out the other competitions that are happening here on the forums.

Needs more Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet

but yeah glad to hear this wound up finished, finally. look forward to the next WCRG

@Wake: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet tasks remixers with forming teams of three, each choosing a Robot Master's theme as with the Grand Robot Master Remix Battle. Each week, DarkeSword picks a Wily Castle theme from a random Mega Man title (e.g. MM2 Wily Stage 1, MM9 We're the Robots, MM10 Abandoned Memory); the teams pick someone from their team to take the stage that week and create a song combining both their Robot Master theme with the Wily Castle theme of that week.

That's the gist of it, and I look forward to seeing what twist Darke has in mind this time. :3