Mother Title Theme: Yo Momma

So here is a piece that I worked on for a little contest called ReMixing With the Stars! I had a lot of fun with this one. Rozo helped me finalize the mastering on this track, as he was my partner in the contest. I am satisfied with this mix, in which I convert this originally 4/4 piece into 5/4, and I am planning on sending it in to the OCR judging panel, but I wanted a few more opinions on this track before I send it in. Finishing touches and the like! Tell me what you guys think! :)

ReMix: https://www.box.com/s/d5ec921aaa3f545a538f

Source:

Rozo and I placed fourth in the contest. It was definitely a close race for the competitors and we had a lot of amazing competition! :D Please tell me what you think, everyone! :)

The drums are way too piercing. You should have focused more on the melody.

A fade out is a cop out!

The mix doesn't really melodically progress anywhere until 2:43, but by then the track is over.

Overall, the mix feels very bland because of the same sounds used all throughout, which is the biggest problem here.

I posted this on the competition topic:

"Yo Momma - Nice source! And nicely arranged too.

At times I feel the song sounds a bit muddy, maybe because the synths are too similar. Maybe you could have used more varied samples for this."

I think the arrangement is fine, I didn't find it boring, but I'd spice it up with different samples. Strings would be very fitting, to make a contrast with all the synths.

Really spectacular. I think you're very close. I'll tell you what's killing me though, is that it starts to get especially interesting around 2:44 and then just fades out. Don't tease me like that, man!

I hope you'll consider expanding that section... maybe bring elements of it in earlier. But I feel like we were just getting to the best part and then you pulled a George Costanza and left us on a high note.

Really spectacular. I think you're very close. I'll tell you what's killing me though, is that it starts to get especially interesting around 2:44 and then just fades out. Don't tease me like that, man!

I hope you'll consider expanding that section... maybe bring elements of it in earlier. But I feel like we were just getting to the best part and then you pulled a George Costanza and left us on a high note.

Lol, from all the comments I've gotten about that ending, I'm going to expand it. Was planning to anyways; really that ending stems from the rushed time we had at the end to finish for the contest. I felt bad that I couldn't do a real, true, creative ending so I will be focusing on that. I will also consider adding some spice to the mix, because the synths are pretty similar. That's yet another part of the mix that I've disliked, was the repetitiveness of the sounds.

I'll get working on this; thank you guys for all your suggestions! :D