Dubstep WIP

Ciredn

So here is a little something I've been working on for about... I want to say a month now. In between work and other duties. I started learning in December so I'm still quite newby. Really is just a mish mash of ideas. Any feedback on what needs to improve would be most appreciated. Oh! And by the way I've been having trouble getting the sub bass right so it may be a little loud. (I hope not too loud :-?)

http://soundcloud.com/ciredn/wip-untitled14

Start slowly by adding panning to your future project. Then you should try to mix/eq your track in far future project. Adding new effects and trying thing is cool. Even if the song is destroyed have fun till you find your skills are good enough.

Try layering things.

Have fun

Hey thank you for the reply! This is exactly what I was looking for. Wasn't sure what I was supposed to looking at to improve. Now I have something to start with. I'll definitely have to continue experimenting. However is there any rules that I should follow with panning. Thanks again.

Hey thank you for the reply! This is exactly what I was looking for. Wasn't sure what I was supposed to looking at to improve. Now I have something to start with. I'll definitely have to continue experimenting. However is there any rules that I should follow with panning. Thanks again.

Yes and no. The rule is your own creativity. You can make come cool thing like paning 100 % left and 100% right with to nes synth but each can have their own line. Then you can only put a hit hat on 30% left and one different hi hat on 30% right. See there is a lot to do with the panning. You can de-phase the sound so it stereo itself. There is a lot to try out. Espacially layering synth and drum. Make some try and error, You will surely improve.