OCR02480 - Castlevania "Of Whips and Strings"

djpretzel

Awesome! I'm really digging all the guitar duet / solo guitar songs we get on OCR. Utopia, all of Pot Hocket's works, and this.

The performance is probably the best thing about this song - that along with the arrangement makes for something unique. 6 + minutes of guitar love, this is an instant download in my book.

You've got yourselves another follower Super Guitar Bros! Excellent stuff here.

As usual, another great cover by the SGBs... It's not really a "ReMix" per se, but anyone who can pull of cramming a whole bunch of themes into one 2-5 minute long track with nothing but two acoustic guitars really deserves to be here on OCR. As Happydude007 said, their Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 - Duet of Ninjas (medley) rocks as well, and I'd love to see more of them here on OCR

OH MAN! I can't believe it's finally up!! I was beginning to worry that it would never get posted but not anymore!

Thank you guys so much!! I'm really glad you like it. And yeah, we'll have to start posting up more songs. Though I know it will be tough since most of them are pretty straight forward covers. I guess with future songs we can try experimenting a little bit more.

By the way for those of you who haven't seen the video version of this performance you should really check it out. We went all out for it - black hoods, candles, Death in the background... It's pretty cool.

Here you go --->

Thanks again for all the nice comments and everything! And a big WASSUP to my VV brothers!!

Steve

• 1 year later...

There's something about acoustic guitar that gives a song character that it wouldn't have with some other instruments, and even though this has bits of conservative and melody playing, it's that character and the arrangement idea that makes this shine. Very glad this got accepted, because a dual acoustic guitar arrangement of this many CastleVania tracks is something special the way it was played. Damn good stuff, fellas.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02480 - Castlevania "Of Whips and Strings"