Emerald Hill HD (Final update)

SonicThHedgog

Uh, what? MXL 990 is a great mic.

First of all, it's a condensor mic advertised for vocal usage. It's not a "crap ass" mic, you're using it wrong.

The brass section sounds really fake. Otherwise, it's a great cover. The intro's kind of weird though (the guitar part especially, the squeal is fine but the stuff before it is kinda not needed)

The brass section sounds really fake. Otherwise, it's a great cover. The intro's kind of weird though (the guitar part especially, the squeal is fine but the stuff before it is kinda not needed)

Thanks on the feed back! was going for the kirby 64 sound :D

----------------------------

Fine its not that crappy, still...

I used and borrowed a fair amount of capacitor microphones and dynamic microphones in the past for sampling sounds for mini sample packs and recording rap/sing vocals, and I must say the Mxl 990 Has the harshest high ends and and dullest mids from most of what I tried. Not very mix friendly(imo). However (at least for me) it is good with instruments like violins and trumpets (which it was also advertised for), aggressive vocals,or anything other than distorted amps.

For this song the mic was mid edge of the cone(slightly of axis with 2" distance from cone) for a nice warm rhythm tone. The lead was centered with 1" from the cone.

I do get good results with miking guitars with this mic, but having to cut all high end at 15khz...

I like that you have a realistic view of your own music

this song is pretty fuckin' awesome, but it is not "ocr passable" in its current state. in my opinion.

Thankyou!

Ocr does not really have a liking for heavy compressed music(maybe for quality or easy listening) , but I think they maybe not like it because of the obviously wavetabled brass for some reason lol

So what's with the artwork on SoundCloud? Just threw it in?

Yup!