TFS - Dragonball Z Parody

Soul Splint

OMG, it hurts to laugh:grin:

Stumbled upon this expecting the usual fan-made mediocrity, but was VERY pleasantly surprised. Welcome to a world where everyone makes fun of Krillin's meat-shield status, where the elder namekian Guru will make you wet your pants with his treatment of Nail, and where Nappa is the greatest troll of all time. Ever.

The makers are Team Four Star; the first video got deleted for some reason, but the rest are on their channel. The link above is to an alternate user's copy of the first video. The series starts off a little slow, but by the time Vegeta and Nappa arrive...you'll see8)

Good ol' Goddammit Nappa.

I love DBZ Abridged, especially once they hit their stride and it became consistently high quality. The amount of dedication and effort they put into each episode is astounding. I vastly prefer the DBZA version of Frieza over the official Funimation dub, Little Kuriboh nailed that role.

Definitely a good parody, but I'm still partial to yu gi oh the abridged series even though I was never a huge fan of the show. I just thinkg Little Kuriboh is really talented. Maybe I just need to give TFS more of a chance, I only got through about half a dozen episodes.

The writing is fairly slow for the first 5 or so episodes, but it picks up pretty well. And during season 2 (Episode 11+, the Namek Saga) it is just brilliant.

I do have to say my favourite string of episodes was Namekima-I mean the Ginyus.

The writing is fairly slow for the first 5 or so episodes, but it picks up pretty well. And during season 2 (Episode 11+, the Namek Saga) it is just brilliant.

I do have to say my favourite string of episodes was Namekima-I mean the Ginyus.

I'll have to give it a try then, I was starting to give up on anime parodies in general, since the first one I found was the yu gi oh one and feel kinda spoiled by that.

I've been following these guys since they started, also check out the original abridger known as little kuriboh who started the whole abridge an anime series thing with his series of yu-gi-oh abridged

http://www.yugiohabridged.com/

i would link his youtube channel but its been taken down for copyright for like the 6th time.

(sidenote little kuriboh voices freiza in the second season of tfs dbza)

I've been following these guys since they started, also check out the original abridger known as little kuriboh who started the whole abridge an anime series thing with his series of yu-gi-oh abridged

http://www.yugiohabridged.com/

i would link his youtube channel but its been taken down for copyright for like the 6th time.

(sidenote little kuriboh voices freiza in the second season of tfs dbza)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CardGamesFTW/videos The first 54 episodes are here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/obeymyrod?feature=results_main episode 55 is here as well as a series of Marik playing some vampire game i've never heard of (which is hilarious btw)

The surprising thing is that it keeps all of the action of DBZ, but adds in a level of humor that's understandable by a Western audience - it's actually better than Dragon Ball Z.

Well, yeah, when most of the hard work is done for you and you're not on a huge, heavy deadline with lots of money at stake, you have more room to generally be awesome.