Nintendo Power to end publication after 24 years

Native Jovian

• 4 weeks later...

Some fans are trying to make their own Nintendo Power magazine, called

. And they only need $20000 of you money to do it.

The part that personally makes me shy away from the whole thing is that it will be "made by fans, for fans", which tells me it will be even more bias than Nintendo Power was. Nintendo Power, after all, was a publicity paper, designed to market Nintendo games. Now you'll have the fanbase trying to do the same thing... and we all know how fandom can foul things up...

Also the promise of exclusive reviews, previews and interviews seems unlikely, as the reason why Nintendo Power got those exclusives was because Nintendo themselves arranged it. I don't see how an unknown number of people with unknown connections (if any at all) will somehow even approach the same number of exclusive anything that Nintendo could push on its own.

But hey, whatever floats your boat...

Some fans are trying to make their own Nintendo Power magazine, called
. And they only need $20000 of you money to do it.

The part that personally makes me shy away from the whole thing is that it will be "made by fans, for fans", which tells me it will be even more bias than Nintendo Power was. Nintendo Power, after all, was a publicity paper, designed to market Nintendo games. Now you'll have the fanbase trying to do the same thing... and we all know how fandom can foul things up...

Also the promise of exclusive reviews, previews and interviews seems unlikely, as the reason why Nintendo Power got those exclusives was because Nintendo themselves arranged it. I don't see how an unknown number of people with unknown connections (if any at all) will somehow even approach the same number of exclusive anything that Nintendo could push on its own.

But hey, whatever floats your boat...

I don't think getting exclusive interviews will be as difficult as you think, because Nintendo has a reason to give those interviews. If the new publication is as biased as you propose it will be, then they will likely have a great relationship with Nintendo.

The main reason they wouldn't get exclusives is because they would be competing against Nintendo Power. But with the previous magazine folding, it seems to me that Nintendo would want as much publicity as they can get, regardless of what source it comes from.