OCR02482 - Final Fantasy VI "Ruffneck Terra"

djpretzel

djpretzel, keep kicking it on the FF VI project. We all appreciate the persistence and dedication! I truly am amazed at the quality and work that goes on at OC Remix :)

This mix is a neat little appetizer to the main course. If you've heard FF VI, you've heard Terra's theme remixed, so I can imagine a little fatigue, but definitely stick around for the middle part of the mix (2:00 or so on). Things kick up a notch and there's some really enjoyable ideas in there. Best part of the mix!

Sure, it might have not been that "necessary", and it also might not have been as emotionally grabbing as most iterations of Terra's theme generally try to be... But while deviating from the source material to a fair extent, you still managed to be faithful to it, and the result was a very pleasant track. Surely, this is a piece worth downloading.

I would love to hear something like this with more organic instruments.

Here's an example of what I mean... plus it has about 25 Mill hits!

http://youtu.be/aHjpOzsQ9YI

Hearing this mix is what made me decide to look around a bit... and after hearing that linked song, I began thinking what this would sound like with... I don't know a tuba, trumpet, or piano accompanying it.

• 1 month later...

I came across this track listening to OCRadio, via Rainwave. I have to admit, the title of the track made me a little leery, but I'm glad it won its vote. What sweet, sweet beats.

Excellent mix, production off the charts, and -I- dig the chiptunes. Forget any more instruments, I love the digital sound of this mix.

Supremely awesome. WTB moar.

• 3 months later...

So.. dubstep meets MUSIC meets chiptunes. Love it. This is when I can actually enjoy dubstep's wobble-wub-wub bass and halfstep beats. This is the kind of dubstep that should have gotten popular, or at least something very similar. I'm rather biased against a lot of major dubstep because it's basically Bassturbation and "Look what I can do with FILTERS!" wub-wob-wu-wu-wu-WOB with no real composition or attempt at arrangement. Thank you, halc, for this wonderful MUSICAL dubstep.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Dubstep chiptune ReMix. That alone is a fascinating choice for an arrangement. Luckily halc is the type of artist who can pull it off in a classy way. Terrific ReMix of Terra and Awakening in a very interesting style that I would mind hearing more of. Also, that section between 2:45-3:00, damn fine bit work, man!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Always loved this track, never got to comment on it till now. What I wanted to say all this time (aside from the obligatory praise - this is an excellent piece of music!): the ending part here reminds me of how one of the remixes/versions for Björk's "All Is Full of Love" ends, though I think it is some sort of accordion used in her piece? But the sound quality and style of melody (or sound, lacking musical vocabulary here) is quite similar. Considering how much I love that song in that particular version, I could not help but love this remix of Terra as well! :D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02482 - Final Fantasy VI "Ruffneck Terra"