OCR02566 - *YES* Final Fantasy 'Requiem for a Dying World' *RESUB*

Emunator

• 2 weeks later...

Quick source usage breakdown: :00-1:26, 1:47-1:59, 2:04-2:09, 2:41-3:00, 3:37-4:02 = 147 seconds or 58.02%

Opening sounded sweet; nice and emotive, with the addition of the light vocals at :23 also a nice touch. Moved over into the rock at :43. The supporting electric guitars there were burying the bowed string leads. The mallet percussion also got buried, but it never sounded that fitting to begin with. The drum writing was also kind of bland, and the machine gun drums at 1:27 were kind of silly due to being so loud compared to the electric guitars moving over to the lead. I felt like a lot of the scoundscape ended up too crowded as well once things picked up at :44.

It seems like many of my votes today had similar issues with poor mixing and crowded soundscapes, so much so that I had to refer to my control track just to make sure I didn't accidentally have any settings messed up.

But unfortunately for you guys, my hearing and my computer settings are just fine. :-D Even so, this was STILL reasonably well produced, even if the balance wasn't where it should have been, and I'm comfortable enough with it on that level. It's not perfect, but not flawed enough to reject on that level. The instrumentation sounded full-bodied and the arrangement of the source tune was expanded and developed exceptionally well, with great dynamics and loads of variations.

By tweaking some things to get rid of a lot of the weaker instruments, this arrangement's finally playing with power. I'm really glad THIS version ended up at the final version on Random Encounter, as the previous ones were all very, very, very (very) lacking. Gotta hand it to your guys for your perseverence!

YES

Honestly, I still hear problems with the violin (viola?) sequencing, but it's improved a bit and everything else is hitting. I also appreciate the little improvements and details across the board, that helps mitigate the issues. The string doesn't feel as much like a lead in this version and maybe that's for the better. Think you guys should have tried to find someone to play it to make this a slam dunk arrangement, but as it stands, you're finally nudged over the bar!

YES

• 1 month later...

Pretty awesome work here. Some of the balance is a little off (particularly on the violin and piano leads in relation with the Lead Guitar) but I think the arrangement and the rest of the production more than makes up for this. Some of those chords at the end don't quite mesh with the melody either, it almost seems dischordant but I can't quite place it. Either way, nice work guys, this is cool to me.

YES