Cordova Town Beat Remix!/New to OC Remix Forums!

210LG

Hey how's everyone doin? My name is L.G. and Im new to this forum! Im 24 Yrs old and been makin beats since i was in HS...I been around music all my life (Church boy) and I also LOVE video games...Here's one of my first remixes I made:

Cordova Town (From Castlevainia Curse of Darkness-Xbox/PS2)

Hope you guys enjoy!

Hey. Welcome to the forums. This ain't bad for a first remix. I'm assuming that since you finished this about 2 years ago you won't be changing/refining it?

If you'd like detailed feedback then I'd happily oblige but definitely post up something new. Get a mix started. There are certainly plenty of people around here who will happily lend an ear to help or just listen and appreciate :)

Well, it's a really good source choice! For a first mix, this isn't too shabby; I could see this winning in a PRC competition lol.

Speaking of which...you should join the competitions that OCR holds - just in the community threads; should be a new People's Remix Contest round coming up in a day or two. Good chance to get some practice in ;). Also One-hour compos are every Thursday at 6 or 7 pm pacific time. Could someone confirm which for me? Anyhoo, good luck in your future endeavors :nicework:

This beats the snot out of the first remix I came to the forums with, that's for sure.

This mix shows a ton of potential. A couple of things to work on, that stuck out to me:

1. Certain sections are a bit repetitive. For example, 2:10 - 3:10. It's cool that you broke it down and build it back up in this section, but a minute is a long time to stretch it out when there's nothing going on with the melody except for the same 4-bar phrase. This would be a great place to experiment with counter melodies and other personal touches. Try taking the melody up a third for a phrase or two, or try other notes in the scale using the same rhythm.

2. The mix is a bit muddy. Some more panning could really help the listener hear and appreciate each instrument separately.

3. I'm not sold on that choir sample... I know, good choirs are nearly impossible to find, especially for free. But it sticks out as much weaker than the rest of your samples, imo.

Great song for a first post! I enjoyed listening to this a lot.