OCR02484 - Harvest Moon "Four Seasons of the Blues"

djpretzel

I don't get all the hate on the youtube comments, this song is awesome! They say the source is unrecognizable, but if the judges say it's medley like, then it's probably conservative. At least you'd think so.

Love folk music so I'm all over this one. Maybe the mixing of the guitar could have been a little better, but the song sounds awesome other wise! This is cleverly done and super catchy. OCR needs more and more stuff like this, for sure.

'Bout time we got this game covered. I've only been asking about it since I got on OCR years ago.

I was very impressed with this. My favorite remixes are the ones where the source material takes a back seat to artistry and a unique listening experience, and that's totally this song. This remix is also one of the few on the website where the vocals are critical to the listening experience; I don't think I would have enjoyed this quite as much without the vocalists (even though the guitar is quite nice). Both singers should be very proud of their work.

A fantastic listen.

For those curious, a source tune use breakdown:

"Spring" - :13-:47 (vocals sing woodwind melody from theme's :00-:32)

"Summer" - 1:22-1:32 (vocals sing :10-:20 of theme)

"Autumn" - 1:43.75-1:47.5, 1:48.75-1:57, 1:58.5-2:02 (guitar plays rising note patterns from theme's :00-:15); 2:03-2:11, 2:12-2:22 (vocals sing woodwind melody from theme's :15-:23)

"Winter" - 2:37-3:03 & 3:17-3:35.5 (vocals arrange theme's :00-:27 string melody); 3:03-3:17 (vocals arrange theme's :27-:41 backing string part)

I'll be honest, not familiar with the harvest moon music at all so my opinion on the source is biased, but this track is very well done! Vocalist is confident and sounds like Lenny Kravitz to me. Nice guitar playing, well written lyrics, and strong female back up vocals. My only complaint is the lack of radio-friendly catchiness factor. Due to the way the remix is structured (medley), I can't see myself listening to it over and over. The lack of notable chorus or repeated vocal melodies factor in distancing myself away from the remix.

I'm always a fan of songs that go off the beaten path, and a down-home pluckin' song with heartfelt vocals like this is always going to catch my ear. I love it, low MP3 bitrate and all. Gives it some more lo-fi authenticity. :-P

Exactly! I LOVE the down & gritty feel of this song (I guess blues is always pretty gritty anyway haha).

The voices are absolutely amazing, I'm so impressed!!!

This is an instant classic for me.

• 1 year later...

The raw, live feeling of this ReMix is actually nice to hear. And I'm definitely enjoying the context of the lyrics along with the sources used. A tip of the hat to the female/male vocal duet, especially starting at 3:05, cause that was gold. While I could go into the things that I wasn't so crazy about, like the ending just being just a stop, there's really nothing to complain about that would deal break this mix to me. I'd love to hear more from these fellas.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02484 - Harvest Moon "Four Seasons of the Blues"