an outline to a soundtrack

Hey guys,

I'm posting this here...probably because I've got no hits on it right now, and don't really know that many places I could put it. I figured maybe one or two people would appreciate giving it a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh04xv-ato

It's a full soundtrack outline to a Visual Novel RPG. It is very shadowy, in my opinion. As it's an outline, so much of the content is unfinished: some of it is just piano, some of it is 10 seconds long, while other songs are 2 minutes long. All of it is MIDI. It starts out with a main theme and an opening theme. It then delves into mellow/brighter songs, then into some battle tunes, back into some dramatic ones, and then finally ending with the final boss themes. There are a couple melodies in there that I am very proud of, and some songs that I feel could be much improved. There wasn't much of a focus on perfection.

Right now, before the songs are remixed, I want to reoutline them, and use a particular set of samples so that it is much more consistent. These songs/melodies were compiled over a couple years, in a semi-passive fashion.

It's 38 minutes long, so I figured if you're playing a game like an mmorpg or something, it'd be something new to listen to in the background, and it might help to inspire a bit.

Thanks,

Mark Hans Avon

I know how hard it is to write a Soundtrack... a year ago i started to write songs for independent projects and even got the hand on a whole soundtrack. You often hit a wall or need to do changes for timing purpose, keep on balancing them or perfectly boosting the atmosphere.

The outlines you made will still need alot of refinement, but its important that you've already made it this far.