An OverClocked Christmas

GSO

OCR folks' winter musics. So we all know where they are.

I kind'a wish the album could be ready a month or so ahead of time, for some ocr frontpage pimpage, and the months go by so fast... I mean, August is almost over already. Those of us who aim to make something might wanna start sketching and thinking about sources or whatever already, assuming Dyne doesn't have some specific direction for it this year, or if it clashes with some other winter-y project.

That said, it's way too early to start asking about it, certainly if you're not a remixer asking about whether you should make something for it (btw, answer: always yes).

Give us the gift of ReMixing.

I'm pretty sure nobody would ever want to listen to any kind of music I'd make... Because I *suck* at making music. Which makes me kind of sad ;-(

I'm much better at listening to music, though!

And let it be known: I'll join OCR Secret Santa this year and will make an awesome, handmade gift for one lucky person in this community!

is OCR doing An OverClocked Christmas anymore? I miss those...

Yes. In fact, Obtuse just alerted me to the fact that this thread exists. I will announce the album within the week.

I would honestly be surprised if Dyne didn't do a v.6 this year... especially since I'm already working on my "We Three Kings" remix for it.

Oh, and here's a link to the previous five albums...

http://www.obtusemusic.net/OCR_Christmas/index.htm

The Coop, you are always forward thinking on these albums. I welcome your cover art, and especially your music. :)

Uh? OCC has been happening every year like clockwork for the past 5 years. Though it only comes out on, well ...Christmas.

Maybe Dyne should look into making 'an Overclocked Summer' as well, with remixes geared toward a beach/seaside thematic. :wink:

I really like the sound of that. I think I will bring that up in January during MAGFest. We'll see what kind of response that generates. Heck, I'd do it just because it sounds like a really awesome idea.

Uh? OCC has been happening every year like clockwork for the past 5 years. Though it only comes out on, well ...Christmas.

Maybe Dyne should look into making 'an Overclocked Summer' as well, with remixes geared toward a beach/seaside thematic. :wink:

Sounds like a prime opportunity for a Wave Race 64/OutRun remix project to me!

Sounds like a prime opportunity for a Wave Race 64/OutRun remix project to me!
Agreed. Would totally fit the summer setting, plus WR64 could always use more coverage. :smile:
I really like the sound of that. I think I will bring that up in January during MAGFest. We'll see what kind of response that generates. Heck, I'd do it just because it sounds like a really awesome idea.
Ahah, glad you liked it. I'd totally be a part of this, if it were to happen. :wink:

Btw Dyne, will you be going for something different with OCC v6, as you hinted to in last year's OP?