OCR04235 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Brevity Is... Wit?"

DragonAvenger

• 3 weeks later...

Nice attention to detail here, the sound is really warm, and the key clicks make it feel very intimate. The arrangement starts out simply enough with the melody handed back between low reed instruments, and it plays it pretty close to the original, but it doesn't take long to start to branch out into new arrangement territory, and I felt that the ideas presented were a pretty natural fit. The counterpoint and modulation ideas were excellent, and the expansive sections never strayed too far from the source. Some section required a bit more mental work to make connection to, but I felt things checked out pretty well. The ending was the most liberal aspect of the mix, but still had a variation on the melody with the oboes.

IT felt a little short, but I think it was pretty solid.

Yes

I think I'm mostly on the same level as Andrew here, but I felt like there are some issues. I found there to be some timing issues that weren't a big deal overall, but are noticeable. I also felt that some of the writing was a bit cluttered.

I'd say, as an overall, though, there are a lot of positives to this mix. The arrangement overall is strong both in how it interprets the original and how it presents itself alone. A lot of the parts are well done, and there is some clever writing. My nitpicks are something to look at overall, but definitely not such an issue as to bring it to a NO. Nice work.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

I'm catching Winnie the Pooh vibes from some of the instrumentation here :-) Very relaxing and nostalgic. I feel like your orchestrations are so different from what I'm used to hearing, every sample has a very raw sound with a lot of personality to it. This is pretty much in the same boat as your Kakariko sub; fairly conservative, a little sloppy, but full of life and personality that far outweighs any of the issues that may exist. Love the second half when you start getting a little more expansive.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04235 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Brevity Is... Wit?"