OCR02486 - Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure "Mayan Malfunction"

djpretzel

YEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHH!! Congrats on getting posted Pete!!!! :mrgreen: I love this song overall, it's got tons of neat textures and great drum sequencing. I think it quite defines your signature "temple-y style" quite well. You've come a looooooooooong way since this song, but it is a fitting and well-deserved first mix-post from you. Congrats man!

So that's the name of the game? I swear my sister is addicted to this thing, and I see everybody playing it. Could have sworn it was just like the new Angry Birds or something - had no idea it was an older game.

The glitching is done very well here, I can see how this sort of nods to Mazedudes track. The glitching on the drums is especially cool.

The best part about this track IMO is the sound design. I super dig all the synth and drum choices. The arrangement is great too. Not familiar with the source, but everything sounds fine here, and each section melds together pretty well. I like the way this song develops, too.

Very nice drum breakdown after the middle section, by the way. I'm a super big fan of well done drum sections. : D

Check this one out!

Look at you Pete! Getting all apocalyptic and stuff! :P

Oh yeah, I can hear the Mazedude influences in there. It's funny because I always thought the soundtrack to this game was pretty minimalistic, but this arrangement is the complete opposite, with lots of glitching, jarring (in a good way) sounds and a clever mixture of electronic and orchestral elements. Deft use of sound effects, and excellent drum work for a remix that incidentally reminds me of The Glitch Mob at times.

In any case, great job on the arrangement and congrats on the mixpost! :grin:

Okay, so I am thrilled beyond words that Pitfall: Mayan Adventure finally made on here. In middle school, I'd actually listen to the soundtrack of this at home while doing homework, so this game and it's music has a special place in my heart. Anyway, to the mix itself: The glitchy, electronia was a great choice to flesh out these sources. I'm glad you used the Rainforest as the main melody, because it ties the other two tracks in very well. I do hear the Mazedude influence and the drum breakdown helped keep things from getting slow as time went on. Good tranistions and I even liked the "whoa!" SFX you threw in. Probably my favorite game debut on OCR since Mortal Kombat's first one. Excellent debut for both Pitfall and Phonetic. Now I can only hope we see Waterfall and Mine ReMixes in the future.

D'aaaawwwwww, you guys... <3

I'm thrilled that this game has gotten such a great response, and just as thrilled about all the support y'all guys are showing; it's what makes me love this community. I deeply love the whole OST, and as I've said time and time again, it's had such a huge impact on me as a musician that I didn't even realize it at first. Don't hold your breath on more Pitfall remixes though...

You might die before I get them finished

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Since I heard first Pete's work (for me it was Groovin' on the Hilltop) and his other entries from SZRC'12, I had known that this guys is percussion master. And this track, an amazing blend of glitched percussion, piano and other orchestral elements as well as with some gritty bass and synths, proves this oce again. Sweet job, dude!

Edited by Black_Doom

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02486 - Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure "Mayan Malfunction"