Frustrating News for Final Fantasy Music Fans

frollo

If anyone ever wonders why I hate Square-Enix so much, it's because I honestly feel like they are ruining the legacy of all of the pre-merger games by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu. They can't even do a proper port of the music and have this horrible 2012 FF7 MIDI... it's embarrassing, it's the worst kind of Call of Duty monetization, and I hope "SQUARE-ENIX" goes out of business sooner than later.

Man, they dug to the bottom of their pockets to rebuild FF14 from the ground up. The new trailers look amazing. Distant Worlds was really well done too, with all that video to compliment the performance, and they had music from every game. And the fact that Nobuo Uematsu comes to so many of those performances is amazing.

On the other hand, their mobile ports are like 20 to 30 dollars. They have no qualms with charging a premium on every little thing. They be greedy, but still a robust and passionate company if you ask me.

The news of a lack of live stream and CD release is really disappointing to me. These Symphonic series concerts have all been standout performances in the growing realm of video game music orchestras. I hope this all changes before the performance date as I would definitely love to hear some new orchestral arrangements of FFVI's music in particular. I can only imagine what they'll do for the encore.